Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

HanleyDavidson

... TMZ is such a piece of shit. Comments aside, why are they posting a video of it?

Obviously not clicking that link.

There's not much to see there anyway thankfully.

Incredible how all the news sources talk about him when he has now passed on, but when he was alive didnt give him the time of day. Even with his great numbers, on some comments in the news websites people said they never heard of him until now.

You're right

Incredible how all the news sources talk about him when he has now passed on, but when he was alive didnt give him the time of day. Even with his great numbers, on some comments in the news websites people said they never heard of him until now.

I heard a couple reporters today say "and now we're also getting reports in on how good of a human being he apparently was off the field" as if that was some breaking story. If anyone ever paid attention they'd know this already.

It felt like I lost one of my sons...My sincere condolences to his Family.  I agree # 16 should never be worn again by a Marlin...unless it's in form of a black armpatch for the rest of this and next season

And then hung up as a banner or something. Should never forget him.

Am I the only one a little annoyed that teams are hanging their own Jose jerseys in their dugout?

I get that this tragedy is felt league wide, but fuck you he was ours.

I think its a really classy and kind gesture. They don't have Marlins jerseys hanging around to customize I'm sure.

Am I the only one a little annoyed that teams are hanging their own Jose jerseys in their dugout?

I get that this tragedy is felt league wide, but fuck you he was ours.

I think its a really classy and kind gesture. They don't have Marlins jerseys hanging around to customize I'm sure.

I'm OK with it. Like Admin said, classy/kind.