Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

HanleyDavidson

I'm a grown man and have had on and off tears for the past 2 hours over a guy I never once met. 

Same for me all day, man. I feel incredibly sad for his Mom and Grandmother. When I close my eyes I see his grandma clapping for him in the stands.  

What a tragedy.  His first child on the way.  

I feel sad for everyone at this site.  We are so emotionally invested in this team.  

I feel sad for my young boys.  We've spent countless hours over the last 4 years talking about Jose Fernandez.  His incredible journey to the U.S., his dominance at Marlins Park (second only to Sandy Koufax in home domination), his enthusiasm in the dugout, how we watched him run all over the outfield during BP at Turner Field tossing dozens of balls to fans and then him actually signing a baseball for my boys.

Today I could not care less what this means for the future of the Marlins and how they were eyeing a big haul for Jose. 

Incredible sadness. Incredible sadness is all I feel today.  

Today was the first time in a long time that I was glad this site existed. I admit there's been times in the past year that I wished I never made this site, but I am happy that I did. This would have been a really difficult day to handle without you guys and gals to keep me company. It was really tough as it is, but it helped having a community here where we could all mourn together.

But think of all the bad jokes and puns you would have missed

Today was the first time in a long time that I was glad this site existed. I admit there's been times in the past year that I wished I never made this site, but I am happy that I did. This would have been a really difficult day to handle without you guys and gals to keep me company. It was really tough as it is, but it helped having a community here where we could all mourn together.

I am thankful that you made it exist.

& I think you're all great even if we have disagreed 1756947 times over the years.

Joined the site today after hearing about the horrible tragedy involving the super talented and charismatic Jose Fernandez.  I have been a life long Braves fan even though I grew up in South Florida.  I remember a few years ago when he belted a home run and watched it causing the benches to clear.  Part of me was like "who does this kid think he is?" But I already knew who he was - an incredibly gifted and competitive baseball player with a huge heart.  But what really makes Jose special was his ability to smile and stay positive after all he'd been through.  That's what we should all take from his bright life taken far too soon.  No matter what we go through, keep positive and fulfill your dreams with a smile on your face. 

Guest CHRISTYTOD

First of all, Admin, thank you for keeping this site going. I have counted on it for decades! I may not post a lot, but I appreciate reading it, and I appreciate the fact that everyone on here knows exactly what I feel right now. No one in my "real life" world can grasp what I feel, and it is so comforting to know that I am not alone. So many others have posted on here about how they have never shed a tear about a deceased soul they didn't know. I was in that club as well, until yesterday. So let me just say that from the bottom of my heart, because I know what EACH of you is going through:  I would like to express my deepest and most heartfelt condolences to each and every one of you. God rest Jose's soul, and may we all see him pitch again in the afterlife! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.