9/26/16 Postgame--Jose Day

Well, it was hard to get through the game, but we made it.  I'm glad I watched as FSN did a superb job of presenting the baseball life of Jose Fernandez.  It showed not only what he was as a ball player, but also showed him as a teammate.  And how much he meant to his Marlin buddies and coaches.  There probably wasn't a dry eye at the ball park, and I doubt there was a dry eye here.  The organization did an awesome job in making it a very meaningful evening and game with no advertisements during the game, the lack of the PR side with Billy and the dancers, the web cams and limited music.  At times it was truly a memorial and not entertainment. 

For me I want to thank the Marlins organization as well as Jeffrey Loria in handling this situation as a class act.  And showing compassion to his family and to us the fans who were also a part of the family.  Hopefully they will take the care in his memory in the future as they did tonight.  So much thought in how they did this in a short period of time.

I also want to thank Rich Waltz and Al Leiter for giving us glimpses of Jose throughout the commentary.

absolutely love it yesterday, it was perfect for all of us to remember Jose . I feel the team was more than pleased honoring their team mate. Dee HR was perfect, they were having fun just like what Jose would wanted. It was fun watching the game, the opening was bit hard seeing Stanton, zuna, dee, TK, even Cashner dropped a tear but they turn it around to be a joyful moment.

Oh something of note from last night's game. The energy team didn't perform but they were there in the section next to mine, dressed in black many in formal attire, and when the game ended they huddled and prayed and were hugging and crying and very emotional. We give them crap for what they represent but I was happy to see them there and unified as an extended part of the Marlins family.