Jose tribute tattoo

GuitarPik

A couple of days after this happened I had an idea of getting some kind of tattoo to pay tribute  to Jose. After seeing the tat the Marlins barber got, I've pretty much settled on doing the same thing, possibly in a different color scheme. 

Is anyone else planning on getting ink to pay tribute to Jose? I'd love to hear your ideas. 

I'm also considering it. I have done a rough sketch which I would get on my upper arm just below the shoulder which incorporates what the barber got but slightly bigger. Unsure whether I'll go through with it but if I did, to me it would represent a lot more than just a baseball player, it would serve as a reminder to enjoy life and just to have fun.

[ATTACH]1184._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.thumb.png.46bcd233492580203c1f2824d523f1ab.png

I can see both arguments as to whether or not to get some sort of ink tribute.

In 40 years when old and wrinkly, would it seem daft to have a tattoo relating to a baseball player who had 4 season in the Majors? Quite possibly yes.

However getting one right now because it is something I want and embodies the "live in the now" mentality that a Jose tattoo would partially represent for me is also something to consider. 

There may be some patch or pin available which can be in his honor.  So for those who don't want a tat can get one of those.

I'm sure there will be a jersey patch next year opposite the ASG patch. We ready have an embroidered 16 on the jerseys for the rest of this year. Would love to see a lapel pin as well as you said.

I'm sure there will be a jersey patch next year opposite the ASG patch. We ready have an embroidered 16 on the jerseys for the rest of this year. Would love to see a lapel pin as well as you said.

I would think a lot of people want to honor him in some token like a pin or patch.  Maybe even in a shirt.  I bet they will still be selling Jose jerseys next year.

As a Cuban American baseball fan, who my grandfather was a political prisoner in Cuba, I found myself at a loss for words. As an artist, I decided to express myself as artist do. I made two hundred stickers of the number 16 with redfish artwork in it. Why redfish? Jose (before becoming a superstar) used to post pictures on his Instagram of him and buddies fishing Tampa bay out of a John boat catching monster redfish. I decided to go around Miami putting these stickers up as a tribute, so people don't forget him. But instead I got a bunch of people asking me for stickers. So I put them available on my website  for free.  I have given out around 800, and printing another batch of 200 more.   Originally I didn't want give them out, but I had several parents telling me that their children were big fans of Jose, and are big fans of  my artwork, and they knew it would make their kids smile in  a tough time . If anyone wants  one let me know. Let me try to figure out how to post a photo of it. 

08824FD8-A353-4731-8669-5E953C4B0147_zpsn0wq1ham.jpg

As a Cuban American baseball fan, who my grandfather was a political prisoner in Cuba, I found myself at a loss for words. As an artist, I decided to express myself as artist do. I made two hundred stickers of the number 16 with redfish artwork in it. Why redfish? Jose (before becoming a superstar) used to post pictures on his Instagram of him and buddies fishing Tampa bay out of a John boat catching monster redfish. I decided to go around Miami putting these stickers up as a tribute, so people don't forget him. But instead I got a bunch of people asking me for stickers. So I put them available on my website  for free.  I have given out around 800, and printing another batch of 200 more.   Originally I didn't want give them out, but I had several parents telling me that their children were big fans of Jose, and are big fans of  my artwork, and they knew it would make their kids smile in  a tough time . If anyone wants  one let me know. Let me try to figure out how to post a photo of it. 

That's amazing!

Awesome stuff, dude. If you're still giving them out, I'll take one.

That is awesome. I would love to have one. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.