Your off-season shopping spree

Admin

But seems the most easy signing we could do right now.

That's not necessarily how it works. They'll focus on priorities first and will get to Mathis eventually. Mathis is more of a new years type of signing. If anything the process could be sped up because of the mutual relationship between the team and Mathis, similar but not as high profile as their relationships with Prado and Ichiro. If so then maybe he's a late November early December signing. But you made it seem like we should panic because Mathis is gonna be a free agent Tuesday morning.

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Less than 24 hours after saying they wanted to be aggressive in their pursuit of starting pitchers, the Braves announced R.A. Dickey had agreed to terms on a one-year deal with a club option for the 2018 season.

By reaching an agreement with Dickey, the Braves moved closer toward their goal to quickly satisfy their starting pitching needs before a relatively thin free-agent market becomes even thinner.

that's funny,overpay for two over age 42 SP QUICKLY.

Team needs power. Fowler is also coming off a career year, meaning he's going to get overpaid and not have a repeat season. 

If Ozuna gets traded, I'm still 100% behind Brandon Moss or Josh Reddick. They are much better fits for this team.

I agree. Or perhaps sign Fowler and trade Prado and/or Ozuna for #1 or #2 pitcher. Dietrich at 3B isn't a unmanageable downgrade from Prado. I hope my opinion doesn't suck this time. I love you anyways.

Trade Ozuna for a guy like Bauer, sign an outfielder to replace Ozuna, and then sign low risk high reward guys to fill out the rotation. We're not going anywhere next year so no reason to break the bank. Use the next few years to replenish the prospect pool. Maybe trade guys like Hech or Ramos if we get a good deal, Just hope Capps comes back healthy and cross your fingers.

I agree. Or perhaps sign Fowler and trade Prado and/or Ozuna for #1 or #2 pitcher. Dietrich at 3B isn't a unmanageable downgrade from Prado. I hope my opinion doesn't suck this time. I love you anyways.

Prado's not being traded. He just signed a new deal. He's the third baseman. Talking about it now is nonsense. 

Ozuna isn't getting you a #1. MAYBE packaged with Dietrich, Hech, Telis, Castillo, etc... he might get a potential #2, but more likely a high end #3. 

Trade Ozuna for a guy like Bauer, sign an outfielder to replace Ozuna, and then sign low risk high reward guys to fill out the rotation. We're not going anywhere next year so no reason to break the bank. Use the next few years to replenish the prospect pool. Maybe trade guys like Hech or Ramos if we get a good deal, Just hope Capps comes back healthy and cross your fingers.

I think Capps is key in all of this next year. Any news on his recovery?

somehow missed this gem of a quote from Hill. From the great baseball mind who traded Carter Capps for $2m. Also, the marlins pen wsa ranked 14th in mlb and 8th in the NL (mainly due to his shitty trades/moves) so curious his defiition of "strong." 

“You see the trends now, and the analytics, and they may say you don’t want to face guys a third time through the lineup,” Hill said. “It puts more of an emphasis to have a stronger bullpen. A lot of our success this year was because of our strong bullpen.” 

Why is Hill still here? I see the Marlins are going to cheap out again this offseason.

Hill and Co. are only here because they are yes-men to Loria. Loria surrounds himself with yes-men and if you disagree with him (not matter how much more baseball you may understand than him) he will fire you. I see the Marlins spending some this offseason, but next year after Mattingly is gone, look for a fire sale including Stanton.