Pitch

Admin

I've watched the shows two episodes. I like the premise behind it, but feel it would be so much better served on a network like Netflix where it can all be binged or HBO that could be more open with the ideas that are being tackled.

The show is very schmaltzy and reeks of Fox wanting to get emotion out of the viewers. The baseball scenes are jarring since there are multiple moments where it doesn't even look like real baseball. 

I like Zack Morris' character (the catcher). First episode he added nice levity to the show. Second wasn't so great but that's fine. 

The best scene they had the entire show was the second episode with the brother. When the agent is able to get all the TV reporters to see Ginny and he realizes that he isn't prepared for how big she is going to become. It was really heartfelt and was one of the few scenes in the show that felt truly real. The Jimmy Kimmel interview was just poorly done and the message being sent felt wrong (that Ginny, as a public figure, is morally required to respond on bigger societal problems dealing with women). 

The show is trying to tell the story that Ginny is the modern day Jackie Robinson and are playing it up that way, when the truth is they should be telling the story of her trying to improve as a player and the impact she wants to make as a player before trying to branch out into bigger picture ideas. 

And that is far more than I ever thought I'd write about this show.

Third episode was definitely an improvement. I enjoyed that they finally let go of the media aspect, because while it's important they did focus on it far too much early on. 

It's still far too schmaltzy, and the baseball scenes, while improving, still come off as awkward and unlike actual played baseball. But the pieces of the show are starting to fall into place. Still and adjustment and being on Fox is still a hindrance to it becoming a real thought provoking show, but it's definitely watchable.

Third episode was definitely an improvement. I enjoyed that they finally let go of the media aspect, because while it's important they did focus on it far too much early on. 

It's still far too schmaltzy, and the baseball scenes, while improving, still come off as awkward and unlike actual played baseball. But the pieces of the show are starting to fall into place. Still and adjustment and being on Fox is still a hindrance to it becoming a real thought provoking show, but it's definitely watchable.

It was good, I enjoyed the episode. A little odd that the reliever had a personal catcher and they double switched him into the game considering he was an ex-closer and likely could only go 1 inning. I mean it was as if Dan Jennings was the manager.

Also in MLB she'd be suspended for inciting that brawl so I wonder if the show will do that.