"Payroll Likely to Increase"

The Marlins can't really spend on position players. With the Jose thing happening and Cashner being a 0% chance of re-signing, the front office is going HEAVY on starting pitching. It has to be their #1 focus and they'll have little to no time to focus on acquiring anything else.

If they want to spend the best players to spend on would be Céspedes, chapman and/or (rich hill if he's a FA). That would allow them to trade ozuna in a package with others for a SP and then they can sign another SP. 

i believe it's extremely important for the team to try to bring in an all star caliber Cuban player after what happened with JDF. The pen with chapman Ramos barraclough Ellington and possibly phelps if he isn't a starter is pretty sick. 

I am of the mind set on SP AND RP being the priority. Stanton and Ozuna I would trade for 2 or 3 #1 caliber pitchers and some RPs. Even with Stanton (you can't count on a full year nor consistency) and Ozuna (can't count on consistency), the Marlins will be below average (at best) in runs. We must rely on pitching. With Jose (RIP) being gone, I don't see how pitching can't be an absolute priority of this off-season.

Ozuna yes, Stanton and Chen no. 

Chen looked much better after his stint on the DL.  Stanton is our only real draw now (Yelich, for as good as he is has near zero draw power because he doesn't do anything flashy that brings in the casual fan) and yes, when healthy (lol) still does some amazing things.  Plus he's still young, under contract (currently for a reasonable price) and usually not a liability in the field.  We all know how drastically different the offense looks when he's in there and hitting.  If someone wanted to empty the farm for him I'd be open to it but it would still take one helluva offer.  Chen is worth hanging onto as well. His career says he's better than he was this year and I have to wonder if that opening day  liner he took impacted him all season until he was shelved - again he looked much better after coming off the DL.