Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

5/11 Win Post Game Thread

It is really amazing that he brought in Morris and it came very close to costing us the lead if not for the throw by Ozuna. Morris also loves to throw an early strike and then not come close after that. 

Have to feel bad for Chen. He's had like 4-5 runs score through inherited runners. 

I also wanted Chen to get one more batter but Mattingly was so desperate to bring in Morris. 

Gotta think they are giving bearclaw some rest. I know it's been a while since he has pitched but he was used pretty heavily there for a stretch 

So I might just be crazy but is it possible that putting Morris in this position is Don Mattingly's way of saying "see what I mean, he sucks" to the FO?

I'm sorry but I don't buy that Don doesn't protect the victories. He always switches out players for ones with better defense in the late innings and for a while he had the solid, Bear Claw- Phelps- Aj "What is One-two-three" Ramos pitching the 7-8-9.

I just can't understand how it's possible for all of us to be right about who should pitch when and not have the manager see it the same way.

But then again that's how it's been for us every season.

There has to be another reason.. There just has to be... Right? 

Guest Vince0926
6 hours ago, Edmeister said:

So I might just be crazy but is it possible that putting Morris in this position is Don Mattingly's way of saying "see what I mean, he sucks" to the FO?

I'm sorry but I don't buy that Don doesn't protect the victories. He always switches out players for ones with better defense in the late innings and for a while he had the solid, Bear Claw- Phelps- Aj "What is One-two-three" Ramos pitching the 7-8-9.

I just can't understand how it's possible for all of us to be right about who should pitch when and not have the manager see it the same way.

But then again that's how it's been for us every season.

There has to be another reason.. There just has to be... Right? 

No no no no no on the first paragraph. Mattingly gets paid to win. Emphasizing the "see?, he sucks" is the insult to the entire team. Like you are wagering that the team will lose or something. I genuinely believe Morris was the right option.

not you wagering I meant mattingly.

1 hour ago, Vince0926 said:

No no no no no on the first paragraph. Mattingly gets paid to win. Emphasizing the "see?, he sucks" is the insult to the entire team. Like you are wagering that the team will lose or something. I genuinely believe Morris was the right option.

not you wagering I meant mattingly.

I get you but its incredibly odd. I mean I guess it's just one of his flaws as a manager. We're used to poor use of the bullpen it literally happens every year. 

What makes this season different is that we actually have a solid set of relievers that can do the job better than the ones mattingly is putting out. Hopefully this knew guy gets ready quickly and they can finally let go of Morris. 

Who will start the 2 games on Saturday? MLB website currently has Koehler on Friday, Nicolino game 1 Sat, TBD game 2 Sat and Jose on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Schnellders said:

Who will start the 2 games on Saturday? MLB website currently has Koehler on Friday, Nicolino game 1 Sat, TBD game 2 Sat and Jose on Sunday. 

would have to be cosart I'd imagine ie we lose