Sign in to follow this  
canada-marlin24

5/14 Post Game - Game 1

1 minute ago, Erick said:

canada-marlin criticizes Stanton yet gives Nicolino a pass because he/she thinks he can turn into Buehrle. Weird. 

Well he did get off to a shitty start and was almost able to get through 5 innings while keeping the Nationals at bay. But if you want to criticize everything I say go ahead.

He's a terrible pitcher who pitched a terrible game and is the main reason why we lost game 1. 

2 minutes ago, Erick said:

He's a terrible pitcher who pitched a terrible game and is the main reason why we lost game 1. 

Fair. But what Stanton did today is something that has been going on for years and hasn't changed. If he doesn't learn how to be consistent we just won't be able to sustain winning and is a key reason why we are constantly up and down. 

Seriously, Nicolino has pitched 24 innings this year and has 11 walks to 4 strikeouts. That is pathetic. I've actually never seen that stat line from a big league pitcher before. 

This guy has no business being considered a prospect. He has little to no upside at all. Mediocre stuff at best. I wish we'd trade him for something before he becomes a career journeyman. 

1 minute ago, canada-marlin24 said:

Fair. But what Stanton did today is something that has been going on for years and hasn't changed. If he doesn't learn how to be consistent we just won't be able to sustain winning and is a key reason why we are constantly up and down. 

A big reason why we remain a .500 team while healthy is because this is a .500 roster that falls apart with injuries because there's no depth. It has little to nothing to do with Stanton (until he's the one who gets injured and then the team really falls apart). 

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

Seriously, Nicolino has pitched 24 innings this year and has 11 walks to 4 strikeouts. That is pathetic. I've actually never seen that stat line from a big league pitcher before. 

This guy has no business being considered a prospect. He has little to no upside at all. Mediocre stuff at best. I wish we'd trade him for something before he becomes a career journeyman. 

Career journeyman seems ambitious. Unless something changes, he won't be in the major leagues by 2019.

Any of you who were expecting or even hoping to take both ends of this double header:

You don't sweep a double header when you send out Justin Nicolino and Kendry Flores. We're going to be lucky to win one game.

1 minute ago, SongInTheAir said:

Career journeyman seems ambitious. Unless something changes, he won't be in the major leagues by 2019.

He could totally be the next Chris Narveson. 

Even Narveson has a career 7.53 K/9 at the big league level. My God, Nicolino is pathetic.