Mike Pagliarulo named new hitting coach

Marlins hitting coach list the last few years

2010-2011- John Mallee

2011-2012- Eduardo Perez

2013- Tino Martinez/John Pierson

2014-2015- Frank Menechino

2016- Barry Bonds

2017- Mike Pagliarulo

Don't mind me if I'm not holding my breath for this one to work out.

He is

Such a trooper the last several seasons. One of the better hitting coaches we've had here as of late and he gets bumped down to an assistant in title for a superstar coach who ends up not working out and still stays aboard as an assistant to yet another new coach. Yet doesn't seem to complain and still goes out and helps this team with his hard work. Rarely do coaches impress anyone but everything I've seen from Frank Menechino the last three plus years has been admirable.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article119314093.html

The lack of preparation is one of the reasons the Marlins parted company with hitting coach Barry Bonds after just one season and replaced him with Mike Pagliarulo.

“Without throwing stones at the past, we made a change,” Hill said of Bonds. “What we were doing wasn’t what we wanted moving forward. So there was an area to improve there, and we felt we did that with bringing Pagliarulo in.”

Hill said management believes Pagliarulo will devote more time than did Bonds to pre-game preparation through the use of video and scouting reports.

He said Pagliarulo is noted for his “game planning and video and approach and some things we may not have done as well as we possibly could have in 2016. It’s a priority with a young position player group that they continue to get that information and get those things to help them make better adjustments.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article119314093.html#storylink=cpy