Sign in to follow this  
Edmeister

5/14 Post game 2

Guest Vince0926
6 hours ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Im hoping Fernandez can start limiting his walks as he's done in years past. Also the deeper part of our pen for the most part has been solid. Maybe a little less dependence on Morris and the return of Dunn can help. For now though I always feel confident in Fernandez Chen and Conley games. And surprisingly in the last few starts Koehler has kept us in the games as well. 

but those Koehler games are so frustrating. he pitched so well, bullpen gave it up.

I want 9 innings or more

More? So u want him to shut them down but for Ross to shut us down too so we go to extras scoreless? You're something else man.

Not that I'm particularly sympathetic to them but one thing I keep thinking about the Phillies is how badly they're fooling some of their fans and how heart wrenching that plummet to earth is gonna be for those people.

Guest Vince0926
10 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not that I'm particularly sympathetic to them but one thing I keep thinking about the Phillies is how badly they're fooling some of their fans and how heart wrenching that plummet to earth is gonna be for those people.

they haven't plummeted yet. they are a full fledged threat.

Koehler did pitch well enough to give us the win but if it wasn't for the awful offense that the Nationals have outside of Harper and Murphy it could have been worse. For much of the game Koehler got out of jams and was throwing more balls than strikes, which is never a good thing.

The Phillies are literally being held together by their pitching right now. Like you guys mentioned that -25 run differential just isn't sustainable, and I believe where are about even on ours. Their best hitter is Herrera and that OBP is higher because he draws a lot of walks, outside of him there is no one in that line up that I dread us facing.

Winning for them has helped with the rebuild but come June I see them falling back down. I don't see them trying to add pieces and get rid the prospects that they built up the past two years getting.

I would be more than happy to take a split. Pretty much breaking even record wise, the bigger series is against the Phillies. I hate that ballpark.