Article: Loria won't quit on the Marlins

I'm NOT a Loria fan but he's made SOME excellent baseball moves that baseball people would have NEVER made. 1) Pudge and 2) Ichiro

He does like shiny objects too much though

Pudge was a huge reason in getting us a title, but other than history and some extra ticket sales, what has Ichiro gotten us, really?

I'm NOT a Loria fan but he's made SOME excellent baseball moves that baseball people would have NEVER made. 1) Pudge and 2) Ichiro

Pudge was a huge reason in getting us a title, but other than history and some extra ticket sales, what has Ichiro gotten us, really?

I sincerely hope he was being sarcastic Mike.

Ichiro is one of the best 4th outfielders in the game and brings the best work ethic into the clubhouse. He's like having an extra coach.

He hit .291 last year with a .354 OBP and most important he doesn't K very often in high leverage situations.

$2 mil a year for a hall of famer is WORTH IT. You may not agree but you're wrong.

Ichiro is one of the best 4th outfielders in the game and brings the best work ethic into the clubhouse. He's like having an extra coach.

He hit .291 last year with a .354 OBP and most important he doesn't K very often in high leverage situations.

$2 mil a year for a hall of famer is WORTH IT. You may not agree but you're wrong.

Having only two examples of arguable success in 14 years is the point that some people are taking issues with.  I think it is a well known and not very contentious idea that Loria deserves extremely liltle, if any, credit for the World Series Title in 2003. That was Dombrowski's team.

Having only two examples of arguable success in 14 years is the point that some people are taking issues with.  I think it is a well known and not very contentious idea that Loria deserves extremely liltle if any credit for the World Series Title in 2003. Those were Dombrowski's signings.

Fair enough but if Loria didn't sign Pudge, there was 0 chance of a title....he was the difference maker.

Loria has been a failure overall, I would agree. The ONLY thing I like about Loria is that he does WANT to win....unlike my favorite NFL team owner, Shad Khan and his 14-45 Head Coach. Loria is his worst enemy 

Fair enough but if Loria didn't sign Pudge, there was 0 chance of a title....he was the difference maker.

Loria has been a failure overall, I would agree. The ONLY thing I like about Loria is that he does WANT to win....unlike my favorite NFL team owner, Shad Khan and his 14-45 Head Coach. Loria is his worst enemy 

I can't argue that he doesn't want to win but at this point and for the better part of his ownership he has wanted to make money ALOT more.