Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming

Guest Guest

We are going to get an elite closer to pitch in games we're winning? How are we going to score runs lololol

The Marlins need Jansen or Chapman to ensure that they lose 3-0 instead of 5-0.

We are going to get an elite closer to pitch in games we're winning? How are we going to score runs lololol

I mean the reason they weren't good enough last season is not that they lacked another shutdown reliever.  Most of the bullpen issues were because they were stubborn about calling up the young guys (Witt, Ellington) at the start of the season, and then of course the Rodney dumpster fire.

I get the power bullpen thing and I don't hate the idea but yikes.  If they do it they have to follow it up with more.

• The Yankees haven’t gone as high as $92MM in their offers to Chapman, and the Marlins aren’t believed to be willing to spend quite that much, Heyman reports (Twitter links).

• Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria has indeed given his front office the green light to spend on signing Chapman or Jansen, ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark reports, though this “preliminary approval” of funds may still not be enough to outbid other big spenders on either ace closer.

•  

• Loria,what you need to do was just to sign one of those two and make these asshole shut their mouths.