Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming

Guest Guest

The super pen a la Chapman/Jansen is done because it is too expensive to be worthwhile.

However, a very very good pen with Capps, Koji, and Ramos would have done more than required in order to take pressure of the shitty starting rotation.

Capps, Koji, and Ramos would have done the job for a shit ton of money less. Which enables them to upgrade the offensive with a bat like Encarnacion, who is sorely needed.

The Marlins will probably blow that #14 pick on some Kyle Skipworth asshole, but for how bad the farm system is right now, they cannot afford to be giving away picks.

My plan would have been brilliant. Have kept Capps, sign Koji, sign Encarnacion. Trade Ozuna and Bour for pitching. That's not too much financial risk. Then re-assess next offseason on whether or not to buy or sell.

The team with the moves I proposed would probably win 10 more games than the piece of shit squad Mike Hill is putting together.

I feel like the Marlins are being desperate because of the loss of Jose.

Guess what we do dumb ass drafts like this all the time. Dominguez, MORON, skipworth, and that lousy Lefty whose our top prospect who i dont care to know his waste of a pick name. WE DONT HAVE CAPPS. He got traded. Whats done is done. Why bring back the past. This is what we do. Sign a guy (Jansen) that can shorten every starters winning bid to 8 innings, sign a bunch of starters and see who sticks. This is what the agenda is and im for it. Im tired of being the team that signs only Jeff Locke types and trades for fuckin Fernando Rodneys, over the hill billy kochs, cashners, just shit of the baseball world. We are finally chasing a YOUNG FA Pitcher. Lets enjoy this! Not our money, let the fat fuck finally give us something. Plus i have not been up 48 hours to comeout empty handed fuck that. 

Sorry people I obviously need java. Go marlins!

Guess what we do dumb ass drafts like this all the time. Dominguez, MORON, skipworth, and that lousy Lefty whose our top prospect who i dont care to know his waste of a pick name. WE DONT HAVE CAPPS. He got traded. Whats done is done. Why bring back the past. This is what we do. Sign a guy (Jansen) that can shorten every starters winning bid to 8 innings, sign a bunch of starters and see who sticks. This is what the agenda is and im for it. Im tired of being the team that signs only Jeff Locke types and trades for fuckin Fernando Rodneys, over the hill billy kochs, cashners, just shit of the baseball world. We are finally chasing a YOUNG FA Pitcher. Lets enjoy this! Not our money, let the fat fuck finally give us something. Plus i have not been up 48 hours to comeout empty handed fuck that. 

Sorry people I obviously need java. Go marlins!

Chad James lmaooooo

Why do so many people here always think himself be the better GM than Hill ? I don't get it.

Because Mike Hill shouldn't be a GM. He shouldn't even be a manager at a Denny's restaurant.

Why do so many people here always think himself be the better GM than Hill ? I don't get it.

I like to use an old poker quote for this. In poker, if you are the 10th best player in the world, but play with the 9 players better than you, you'll eventually lose all your money. In this case, Hill may be smarter than all of us, but if he's the 30th best GM in the world at baseball, he's going to get destroyed in the long run by the GM's of the 29 other teams. Doesn't matter if he's smarter than average joes like us, he needs to be smarter than the one that's matter, and he hasn't shown that yet.

Because Mike Hill shouldn't be a GM. He shouldn't even be a manager at a Denny's restaurant.

I agree. He could make me some mean pancakes though! I might even give him a generous tip so he can buy tickets to a Marlins game if the breakfast pleases me enough!

I like to use an old poker quote for this. In poker, if you are the 10th best player in the world, but play with the 9 players better than you, you'll eventually lose all your money. In this case, Hill may be smarter than all of us, but if he's the 30th best GM in the world at baseball, he's going to get destroyed in the long run by the GM's of the 29 other teams. Doesn't matter if he's smarter than average joes like us, he needs to be smarter than the one that's matter, and he hasn't shown that yet.

I like it, good wording.

People keep mentioning Capps but its a shoulda, woulda, coulda situation people. We arent on cheapo mode right now when we have half the core signed to extensions. The Capps trade happened because the team wasnt planning to lose JDF16. We needed help down the strech and paid the Padres price for a Jeff Lockes type rental. We got smarter as we pile the shit and see what can stick. We are aware that out SPs arent so great. I mean we had Alvarez and had to let him go to the A's cause he was a risk for a team that tries to squeeze all out what we have. We let a couple pieces go along the way. Jansen is a piece we can have for years to come. We might not win in 17" but if I remember correctly the Cubs run to the ring all started with one BIG splash, Jon Lester. Granted he is a starter. But we need to start somewhere. Teams are catching on and joining the band wagon for this super-pen idea. Lets endorse it. Again its not our money so fuck it. If anythting itll help us recruit more FAs here if Jansen doesnt get traded. 

Tired of this shit,could MLB creating a new rule that all the free agent players need to accept the best offer no matter he likes the team or not,I think it would be much more meets the spirit of bidding.

LMAO you can't be serious. Then that's not FREE agency. That's purchasing someone. That's closer to slavery than it is to free agency.

Tired of this shit,could MLB creating a new rule that all the free agent players need to accept the best offer no matter he likes the team or not,I think it would be much more meets the spirit of bidding.

"Best offer" doesn't always mean "most money".  There's the flaw in that idea

I wonder what Mike Hill's morning routine is.

1. Brush teeth

2. Eat breakfast (stomach doesn't agree with eggs, though)

3. Call Kenley Jansen's agent repeatedly

4. Watch Rugrats

5. Throw darts at MarlinsBaseball.com logo