World Baseball Classic

CoastieMike

Don't know. That would be nice but even then I'd wish they keep the WBC considering the chances of me actually attending the Olympics is basically zero. Having the WBC at least ensures several games in the US, and in MLB ballparks.

My understanding is that the games in the upcoming Olympics are decided well in advance. If this guy is saying we have to wait until 2020 for world baseball competition, either he knows something we don't or he had no idea what he's talking. I'll go with the latter.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what time they're letting fans into Marlins Park on Friday night for the USA game?  

First pitch is scheduled for 6:00 PM according to my ticket stubs.

My guess would be gates open at 4:30 PM but I can't find anything on the official site about it. 

Are you not patriotic?

They scored only 1 run thru 2 games. Except Seung Hwan Oh, there is no big league player in Korea's roster. The truth is, KBO league was too suck to enjoy it. I just want to change it after this disaster.

40 to 50 players hit over .300 last season. Most of all paid lots of money in FA market. Definitely it's wrong.

They scored only 1 run thru 2 games. Except Seung Hwan Oh, there is no big league player in Korea's roster. The truth is, KBO league was too suck to enjoy it. I just want to change it after this disaster.

40 to 50 players hit over .300 last season. Most of all paid lots of money in FA market. Definitely it's wrong.

It's just 2 games, and against talented teams. Any team can have two losses two days straight. You're suddenly wishing doom to the entire KBO because of this? 

FYI, the World Baseball Classic has proven to me that Noah Syndergaard is an idiot. Sorry, @Admin

When a reporter asked Syndergaard why he wasn't pitching in the WBC, his response was "No one has made it into the Hall of Fame or gotten to the World Series because of the WBC."

What an ignorant response.

Yes, the WBC "doesn't matter" as in it's a glorified exhibition.

But ask any of the players who play and they all praise the feeling of representing their country even if the games "don't matter."

Even if you agreed with him for some reason, what a selfish and disrespectful line towards all the players who do choose to play in the WBC, including several of his own Mets teammates.

More specifically to what Syndergaard said about the HOF and the World Series... who ever said the WBC was criteria for either of those? Was he misled by someone? Did he think the WBC was the first round of the MLB playoffs? When the WBC called to ask him to play did he ask "Umm, if we win do I get to play in the World Series?"

Even further, while no one gets into the HOF because of the WBC, several current and future Hall of Famers have already played in this thing so it's not like good players don't ever play in this.

I know the WBC has detractors but I feel like even its biggest detractors would agree that Syndergaard's words and his reasons for not playing in this thing make zero sense.

Screw him, I hope someone cuts off his hair in his sleep.

Lol well I expected you to be the one majorly butt hurt about this.

The truth is that most of the players eligible for the US team probably feel the exact same way (that's why so many superstars aren't playing) even if they aren't saying so publicly.

Lol well I expected you to be the one majorly butt hurt about this.

The truth is that most of the players eligible for the US team probably feel the exact same way (that's why so many superstars aren't playing) even if they aren't saying so publicly.

It's not about the WBC, it's the disrespect it shows to the players who choose to play. David Wright has talked so highly about the WBC and his own teammate just insulted him for it.

I understand many players don't care about the WBC, and that's fine, I'm not arguing that. Syndergaard shouldn't have publicly said what he said. I'm sure he pissed off quite a few players, including Hall of Famers. 

that's why so many superstars aren't playing

Honest question... Who are these "so many superstars" that aren't playing?

I can think of Kershaw, Harper, and Trout. Can you give me the rest of the "superstars" who have turned this down? 

Because I'd say Miguel Cabrera, David Ortiz, Felix Hernandez, Robinson Cano, Pedro Martinez, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, Roger Clemens, Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones, Max Scherzer, Barry Larkin, Jose Altuve, Joey Votto, Anthony Rizzo, Mike Piazza, Ben Zobrist, Hanley Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Buster Posey, David Wright, Omar Vizquel, Victor Martinez, Yadier Molina, Justin Morneau, Albert Pujols, Jose Batista, Edwin Encarnacion, Andrew McCutchen, Nelson Cruz, Carlos Delgado, Manny Machado, Carlos Beltran, Pudge Rodriguez, Giancarlo Stanton, and Ichiro are a pretty nice collection of superstars and they've all participated in the WBC, amongst many more.

I wouldn't say that 3 people deciding against the tournament is a fair way to conclude that "so many superstars" don't want to play in this thing.

Care to elaborate on your claim?