2017 Marlins Fan Fest today and tomorrow

DTrain

12:00 - 4:00 PM today

I'm leaving the house in less than 2 hours to head down to the ballpark.

Single game tix go on sale today as well as single game World Baseball Classic tix.

my first trip to the ballpark since the first game played after Jose's tragic death

Who's going?

LET'S RIDE. 

Single game tix go on sale today as well as single game World Baseball Classic tix.

my first trip to the ballpark since the first game played after Jose's tragic death

Who's going?

LET'S RIDE. 

I'll be there tomorrow with Silver bullet.

Who's going?

LET'S RIDE. 

I'm headed there now

Had a fun time there today with sdg210, did the season ticket holders stuff with him so it was much more personal and I got two scoops for you guys... I asked Samson in the Q&A session if they had any plans to honor the 97 team considering this is the 20th anniversary of that championship and he said "there are no specific plans for that at this time" his excuse was that with the all star game and other things going on there were other priorities to celebrate before that and he said they wanna do celebrations for Raines and Pudge on their HOF inductions. Those celebrations seem fine but I don't see why they can't do a small something to honor 97. My ultimate tribute would be a game in the 97 jerseys but how hard would it be to have a weekend series set up to honor 97 and just have the first pitches be thrown out by members of that team. Samson said they weren't gonna fly in the whole team but maybe he doesn't realize how many 97 Marlins are already in the community and do things for them all the time such as Fan Fest itself. Livan Hernandez Alex Arias Cliff Floyd are here often and of course Conine works here so it can't be that difficult. Hopefully my question put the thought in their heads and they do something at some point this season.

Secondly, I asked Stanton to honestly tell me if he preferred the current uniforms or the Florida Marlins ones and he said the old ones because it was a classic look.

People still whine about the Marlins uniforms?

This will be the SIXTH season with the new uniforms.  DEAL WITH IT. 

I'm with this actually. Many people think the new owner brings back the teal the day he arrives but I'm not so sure it works that way at all. If anything happens in that regard I believe it will be more like the Brewers and Padres have done where they have their look and the throwback stuff gets brought back a lot but doesn't replace the current look just yet.