biggest crowd see baseball game in marlins park for baseball classic

WELL.................USA playing Canada tonight.  :-)

Too bad we in South Florida have to keep flipping sport teams in order to find something positive down here.  Heat and Panthers....:p SO......hope we advance (with DR) with a win tonight,  Otherwise a couple weeks until major leagues actually start (down here). 

They just announced that Yelich is 5-7 so far in the tournament so far.  YAY!!!   And Prado has certainly been hot!

I was at all the classic games and I'm starting to think way more Dominicans than we thought actually aren't from here and flew in for this series whether it be straight from DR or other states. I had a Dominican cousin in NY who told me if I could get him seats he'd fly down just for the games. That and the sheer amount of those who, how can I put this nicely... those who clearly weren't Dominican-Americans like myself... man there were so many it was unbelievable. 

I was at all the classic games and I'm starting to think way more Dominicans than we thought actually aren't from here and flew in for this series whether it be straight from DR or other states. I had a Dominican cousin in NY who told me if I could get him seats he'd fly down just for the games. That and the sheer amount of those who, how can I put this nicely... those who clearly weren't Dominican-Americans like myself... man there were so many it was unbelievable. 

I was at the US vs DR game on Saturday night.  Best baseball environment that I have ever been around.  Didn't realize how loud that stadium could get.  That small stadium that's close to the field would be a great home field advantage for the Marlins if we could ever develop a consistent fan base down here.  Of course, God forbid we actually spend money on the international free agent market and develop our own Latin superstars.  The Marlins are not tapping into the Caribbean and South American markets because of their stingy ways.  We could be the team of the America's if we did things the right way.  Not sure how the TV deals work but  I think the Marlins would make a killing with merchandising and foreign TV deals.  A little forward thinking is all that is needed.  Maybe the new ownership will get it.

How can anyone say the WBC is a boring waste of time? The players clearly care and plenty of fans care. It is great for the game.

This weekend made me realize it's only the United States that doesn't care... not the players, but the fans and most MLB teams' front offices. I love the support that the Dominican fans give their team but the games were played in the United States and the US games were not sold out. Damn shame. The United States takes patriotism for granted. We only support our country during tragedies. It's so sad. You tell someone born in another country that they can come out and support their country at a sporting event and they jump on the opportunity. Not Americans though. And yea this stuff isn't important and is just for fun but nobody said it was actually important for the other countries either. They're doing it for pride and I wish Americans would show more pride for things that are just for fun as well. 

they should do it in the summer time when players can actually play esp pitchers

Not all leagues around the world play in the summer like we do. A lot of them play in the winter, actually [or rather, our winter, summer for some of them]. So ... y'know. Have to accommodate all leagues.