Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2016 Trade Deadline Thread

We should get 2 SP, a lefty reliever and a bench guy. ALL of it. What are we sending back? Blackmail I assume.

If we get all these my god we'll be good. It's probably wishful thinking to get 100% of what we want though.

Completely hypothetical, but would you prefer 

Cashner + Bucholz 

or 

Cashner + Cingrani 

Is Cashner even that good? His numbers look horrible.

If we can only get 1 thing, get a SP. If we can only get 2 things, get 2 SP (if possible).

So glad we got Rodney when we did with the Nats, Mets and others looking for relievers now. 

5 minutes ago, sdg210 said:

Is Cashner even that good? His numbers look horrible.

His numbers do look terrible, but as long as his Velo doesn't drop too low I think he can have some success

i'll pass on Cashner or Hill - don't really see much improvement there for us (I think Hill is way too big of an injury risk).  That said, I don't really see us really being able to do much at the deadline without crippling a farm system already bereft of talent.  I'm in favor of going in as is unless a sweetheart of a deal falls into our lap like the Rodney deal did.

4 minutes ago, hovertical said:

i'll pass on Cashner or Hill - don't really see much improvement there for us (I think Hill is way too big of an injury risk).  That said, I don't really see us really being able to do much at the deadline without crippling a farm system already bereft of talent.  I'm in favor of going in as is unless a sweetheart of a deal falls into our lap like the Rodney deal did.

One thing Hill would add, is the ability to move him to the Pen come playoff time