Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2016 Trade Deadline Thread

So glad we got Rodney when we did with the Nats, Mets and others looking for relievers now. 

Rodney for Strasburg?

9 hours ago, hovertical said:

i just don't like Hill because he seems like a huge injury risk and with our limited resources to trade I'd pass on him.

No doubt but Hills latest injury is  because of a blister (at least they're saying that) which ain't no biggie 

Remember when 90% of us loathed the idea of signing Doug Fister over almost all the other FA arms (I include myself in this lot).  Imagine now if we had acquired him instead of Chen. 

Just now, hovertical said:

Remember when 90% of us loathed the idea of signing Doug Fister over almost all the other FA arms (I include myself in this lot).  Imagine now if we had acquired him instead of Chen. 

Exactly. Short sighted front office 

Just now, pollyvonwog said:

Exactly. Short sighted front office 

I don't think it's necessarily that.  Most of us on here didn't want him either compared to the others that were available at the time.  He's quietly having a very nice season especially considering the park he plays in. 

This wasn't intended to be a front office bashing post, just more of a "what could have been". I'm pretty sure if we had been presented immediately with either Fister or Chen last offseason with the winner of a popular vote to join the Fish, Chen would have won pretty easily.

.....but....hindsight and all that

I was a big fan of the idea of signing Fister, not instead of Chen who I didn't think would be this bad. I wanted to sign both.

Just now, Admin said:

I was a big fan of the idea of signing Fister, not instead of Chen who I didn't think would be this bad. I wanted to sign both.

your only job last offseason was to find and delete all the Loria nudes that Koehler had so we could keep him from a rotation spot to open a spot up for Fister.  I blame you. 

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

your only job last offseason was to find and delete all the Loria nudes that Koehler had so we could keep him from a rotation spot to open a spot up for Fister.  I blame you. 

I would never throw my boy TK under the bus. My favorite Marlin. Love ya Tom.