Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

2016 Trade Deadline Thread

and holy hell, I went and looked at the FA for this offseason and it really is AWFUL, maybe the worst I've ever seen.  there are going to be some horrible contracts handed out just based on supply and demand since there is such a dearth of talent in the market this offseason.  Fish are going to need to be awfully creative with a trade or willingly give out a bad contract to a mediocre pitcher (would still be an upgrade sadly lol).  I'm in favor of the latter simply because it's nice to not trade from our current roster. 

Ha polly downvoted my TK post. I guess I should have said "Paddack Iz Sexy" so he'd like it

2 minutes ago, pollyvonwog said:

I was just joking I thought fister was a terrible idea :rain

i wasn't sure which way to go on your post. Sarcasm doesn't always translate on message boards ha ha!  I apologize for not giving you the benefit of the doubt good sir!

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

i wasn't sure which way to go on your post. Sarcasm doesn't always translate on message boards ha ha!  I apologize for not giving you the benefit of the doubt good sir!

Never give that man the benefit of the doubt again, he thinks Paddack can pitch in MLB right now.

Padres are asking for two prospects for Cashner. His past 2 starts couldn't have come at a better time for them. He reminds me a lot of Latos as far as relying on that velocity to get hitters off the curveball. 

1 minute ago, Admin said:

Never give that man the benefit of the doubt again, he thinks Paddack can pitch in MLB right now.

i'm sure he'd shut out the Marlins for 7 innings

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

i'm sure he'd shut out the Marlins for 7 innings

Yeah but you might too

23 minutes ago, hovertical said:

and holy hell, I went and looked at the FA for this offseason and it really is AWFUL, maybe the worst I've ever seen.  there are going to be some horrible contracts handed out just based on supply and demand since there is such a dearth of talent in the market this offseason.  Fish are going to need to be awfully creative with a trade or willingly give out a bad contract to a mediocre pitcher (would still be an upgrade sadly lol).  I'm in favor of the latter simply because it's nice to not trade from our current roster. 

Trade ozuna for a real #2 in the off season and sign a big name OF FA to replace him is probably the best course of action 

12 minutes ago, pollyvonwog said:

Trade ozuna for a real #2 in the off season and sign a big name OF FA to replace him is probably the best course of action 

although I don't disagree with your logic - go check out the FA market for the upcoming season.  tell me who you'd want in CF from that list.