4/3 - Marlins vs Nationals - 1:05 PM - Opening Day

Guest Guest

Why aren't you the manager? (not being an asshole, really why not)

lol I think don is a great manager overall. He is a TERRIBLE bullpen manager and cost us a lot og games last year. bullpen managing should be about match-ups and splits. Also having your RP hit in a one run game really stupid. 

Guest Guest
lol I think don is a great manager overall. He is a TERRIBLE bullpen manager. bullpen managing should be about match-ups and splits. Also having your RP hit in a one run game really stupid. 

Maybe they should have an extra part-manager in charge of just deciding which reliever to use.

I didn't see Phelps's first IP, but he looked shaky as hell the entire 7th. With the plethora of options in the bullpen, I was struggling to figure out why Mattingly was pushing Phelps for a 2nd inning, when he clearly didn't have his best stuff.

I didn't see Phelps's first IP, but he looked shaky as hell the entire 7th. With the plethora of options in the bullpen, I was struggling to figure out why Mattingly was pushing Phelps for a 2nd inning, when he clearly didn't have his best stuff.

the main reason is he has no idea how to manage a bullpen, a carry over from last year

Well done Ziegler, and good insight from Todd - "they're setting up for the change-up is what they're doing."

Preston: "Man that's a weird shift I have never seen that shift before one time when I played I saw a shift where the third baseman had an ice cream cone in his back pocket which is illegal in two states and the pitcher threw me a knuckle curveball which is like a curveball but it breaks differently and this is a game I played against the Cardinals in spring training and --"

Rich: "The ballgame is over, goodnight everybody."