• Register for full access

Registration is quick, free and easy. Once you are registered, this box will disappear and you'll have a full selection of options available to you. Sign up today and join the fun!

Sign in to follow this  
AeroFishOne

Liquor connosseurs

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Have never tried it. Fun that this thread is back up I guess. 

I don't always dredge shit back up from "Giveafuck bay" but when I do I hope to turn future generations of the board into cultured swine too.

I'm a simple man. My three favorite drinks are a Dry Gin and Sugar Free Tonic, A Dry Dirty Martini, and Jack Daniels on the rocks. I'll dabble in others on rare occasion, but I primarily stick to these things.

I will never buy a Gin and Tonic at a bar because the tonic water is almost never fresh and/or they only have straight gin. I'll only get my Martini's from classy places because those are usually the only places I can trust to make them right. Alas, these two I usually only have home. Jack Daniels on the rocks is about the only drink I can trust a place to make proper when I am out and about.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, Piazza31 said:

Any of you tried RedBreast whiskey?

I got into thebottle of Jameson Black Barrell and Captain Morgan reserve I had sitting around since Friday, and I quite enjoyed em.
Was thinking of try Redbreast but wasn't sure if it's worth the $65 for a 12 year old bottle or should I cowboy up to the 15 year at $115 a bottle.

Theres a 21 year old bottle, but for $250 I think I'd stick with Blue Label.

Little help here woudl be appreciated. I know you guys are degenerates like myself so I don't feel the need to go to a fancy board and get "schooled" on how to drink to enjoy, not to get plastered.

I only get plastered when I enjoy it.

RedBreast is some damn good Irish Whiskey.  May be some of the best on the market.  

Its a nice change from scotch from time to time.  

My suggestion, try to find a bar with some Redbreast (wont be your cheap as shit local crapholes) and have a drink.  Test it out if you dont want to take the plunge.  

Bushmills is also pretty decent stuff.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, Bradcore said:

I'm a simple man. My three favorite drinks are a Dry Gin and Sugar Free Tonic, A Dry Dirty Martini, and Jack Daniels on the rocks. I'll dabble in others on rare occasion, but I primarily stick to these things.

I will never buy a Gin and Tonic at a bar because the tonic water is almost never fresh and/or they only have straight gin. I'll only get my Martini's from classy places because those are usually the only places I can trust to make them right. Alas, these two I usually only have home. Jack Daniels on the rocks is about the only drink I can trust a place to make proper when I am out and about.

Absolutely true on Martini's.  It all comes down the the barkeep.  If they know their shit, they can knock a Martini out of the park.  If they are a useless hack, its going to be a fucking disaster.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2018 at 10:53 AM, Das Texan said:

RedBreast is some damn good Irish Whiskey.  May be some of the best on the market.  

Its a nice change from scotch from time to time.  

My suggestion, try to find a bar with some Redbreast (wont be your cheap as shit local crapholes) and have a drink.  Test it out if you dont want to take the plunge.  

Bushmills is also pretty decent stuff.

That's a pretty great suggestion, I didn't think to go and grab one at a bar. I guess I'll pull up a stool one of these days. Luckily I work in South Beach so I'm sure there's about 100 places I can get my hands on it fairly easily. Just overly paranoid a bar has the cheap stuff in the top shelf bottles for schmucks like me who don't know the difference yet.

I enjoyed the Black Barrel Jameson, and might try the "Gold?" or "Single Cask" options they have soon. Seems like Jameson doesn't put out a bad product period.

ProTip: Jameson sells a beer bottled sized option tht's perfect for sneaking into movie theatres that sell beer. Paul Rudd is great in Ant-Man lol.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:54 AM, Das Texan said:

Absolutely true on Martini's.  It all comes down the the barkeep.  If they know their shit, they can knock a Martini out of the park.  If they are a useless hack, its going to be a fucking disaster.

The best Dirty Martini I ever had was from this fancy Italian restaurant not too far from where I live. The waitress who took our order did not bring me drink, the barkeep did. That really impressed me. And quite simply, it was fantastic.

• Like 1

Where are my fellow liquor drinkers?

Can't let this thread get stale again like a 6 month old whiskey.