Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AeroFishOne

Liquor connosseurs

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Have never tried it. Fun that this thread is back up I guess. 

I don't always dredge shit back up from "Giveafuck bay" but when I do I hope to turn future generations of the board into cultured swine too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a simple man. My three favorite drinks are a Dry Gin and Sugar Free Tonic, A Dry Dirty Martini, and Jack Daniels on the rocks. I'll dabble in others on rare occasion, but I primarily stick to these things.

I will never buy a Gin and Tonic at a bar because the tonic water is almost never fresh and/or they only have straight gin. I'll only get my Martini's from classy places because those are usually the only places I can trust to make them right. Alas, these two I usually only have home. Jack Daniels on the rocks is about the only drink I can trust a place to make proper when I am out and about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, Piazza31 said:

Any of you tried RedBreast whiskey?

I got into thebottle of Jameson Black Barrell and Captain Morgan reserve I had sitting around since Friday, and I quite enjoyed em.
Was thinking of try Redbreast but wasn't sure if it's worth the $65 for a 12 year old bottle or should I cowboy up to the 15 year at $115 a bottle.

Theres a 21 year old bottle, but for $250 I think I'd stick with Blue Label.

Little help here woudl be appreciated. I know you guys are degenerates like myself so I don't feel the need to go to a fancy board and get "schooled" on how to drink to enjoy, not to get plastered.

I only get plastered when I enjoy it.

RedBreast is some damn good Irish Whiskey.  May be some of the best on the market.  

Its a nice change from scotch from time to time.  

My suggestion, try to find a bar with some Redbreast (wont be your cheap as shit local crapholes) and have a drink.  Test it out if you dont want to take the plunge.  

Bushmills is also pretty decent stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, Bradcore said:

I'm a simple man. My three favorite drinks are a Dry Gin and Sugar Free Tonic, A Dry Dirty Martini, and Jack Daniels on the rocks. I'll dabble in others on rare occasion, but I primarily stick to these things.

I will never buy a Gin and Tonic at a bar because the tonic water is almost never fresh and/or they only have straight gin. I'll only get my Martini's from classy places because those are usually the only places I can trust to make them right. Alas, these two I usually only have home. Jack Daniels on the rocks is about the only drink I can trust a place to make proper when I am out and about.

Absolutely true on Martini's.  It all comes down the the barkeep.  If they know their shit, they can knock a Martini out of the park.  If they are a useless hack, its going to be a fucking disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 10:53 AM, Das Texan said:

RedBreast is some damn good Irish Whiskey.  May be some of the best on the market.  

Its a nice change from scotch from time to time.  

My suggestion, try to find a bar with some Redbreast (wont be your cheap as shit local crapholes) and have a drink.  Test it out if you dont want to take the plunge.  

Bushmills is also pretty decent stuff.

That's a pretty great suggestion, I didn't think to go and grab one at a bar. I guess I'll pull up a stool one of these days. Luckily I work in South Beach so I'm sure there's about 100 places I can get my hands on it fairly easily. Just overly paranoid a bar has the cheap stuff in the top shelf bottles for schmucks like me who don't know the difference yet.

I enjoyed the Black Barrel Jameson, and might try the "Gold?" or "Single Cask" options they have soon. Seems like Jameson doesn't put out a bad product period.

ProTip: Jameson sells a beer bottled sized option tht's perfect for sneaking into movie theatres that sell beer. Paul Rudd is great in Ant-Man lol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:54 AM, Das Texan said:

Absolutely true on Martini's.  It all comes down the the barkeep.  If they know their shit, they can knock a Martini out of the park.  If they are a useless hack, its going to be a fucking disaster.

The best Dirty Martini I ever had was from this fancy Italian restaurant not too far from where I live. The waitress who took our order did not bring me drink, the barkeep did. That really impressed me. And quite simply, it was fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.