4/29 postgame

Erick

In the offense,I said many times before but I would just to say it one more time,this lineup was really filled with high BA hitters but somehow it's just difficult to score runs,changing hitting coach would never been a solution because it's always not a problem of "on base" but a problem of "come through the home plate",the only solution was to change the whole lineup,really…

In the offense,I said many times before but I would just to say it one more time,this lineup was really filled with high BA hitters but somehow it's just difficult to score runs,changing hitting coach would never been a solution because it's always not a problem of "on base" but a problem of "come through the home plate",the only solution was to change the whole lineup,really…

I think the problem is baseball is a game of inches... No, but seriously, we have a lot of players who tend to be "streaky" because when things are good, they "have it all figured out". Then when opposing teams adapt, our players (Stanton, Ozuna especially) just swing harder and try to hit the ball further to compensate. We have great hitting talent, maybe we need to bring back Helms to set these guys straight because Prado isn't doing it.

I think the problem is baseball is a game of inches... No, but seriously, we have a lot of players who tend to be "streaky" because when things are good, they "have it all figured out". Then when opposing teams adapt, our players (Stanton, Ozuna especially) just swing harder and try to hit the ball further to compensate. We have great hitting talent, maybe we need to bring back Helms to set these guys straight because Prado isn't doing it.

Helms as hitting coach ?

He didn't apologize.  Jesus Christ, dude, can't you read and comprehend?

strange

Dude, you literally got the mildest comment and freaked out. 

Go take your weak internet argument skills elsewhere. "Can't you read and comprehend..." what are you, 16?

penguin doesn't play nice, but you haven't given anyone a reason to. 

This team has a VERY long way to go. We are not one good shortstop and a good starting pitcher away from competing. The cupboard is bare, and we have an idiot doing the shopping. The kids are gonna be hungry for a while, and we are just going to have to hope that the ownership change brings some front office and philosophical changes to this organization.

Nothing will change until the litter box is cleaned. Once Mike Hill and the rest of the "Miami Marlins" turds are removed- MAYBE we can start trying to have some meaningful seasons and stop with the ridiculous 1997 and 2003 anniversary celebrations every few years.

We can all argue back and forth about the different ways that Hechevarria sucks, but what sucks even more than he does is the fact that the people making the personnel decisions seem to think that he doesn't suck, at all. THAT is what really sucks. And it's a microcosm of the philosophy of an organization that seemingly exists for the sole purpose of giving other teams an opponent to compete against. It was almost better being the farm team for the rest of MLB. At least we got to see a few generational talents play baseball up close, if only for a few years at a time.

Dude, you literally got the mildest comment and freaked out. 

Go take your weak internet argument skills elsewhere. "Can't you read and comprehend..." what are you, 16?

It seems that you didn't pick up on the fact that I mimicked your entire post when I responded to you.  

I won't be taking my weak internet argument skills anywhere else.   I've been posting on and off at the best Marlins fan forum for 12 years with amazing posters like yourself and penguino and don't see an end in site.

xxoo

Yes, let's focus our post game thread on Ozuna,  his .852 OPS and his cannon arm. 

Ozuna: the first person I think of when someone says "not that good". 

He has a career OPS of .745

He started last year very hot too and tailed off to what he is.  He's already in the process of doing it now.  

Yes, he's mediocre.  There are many outfielders like him.

The Marlins don't really have a great player on the team. EVERY World Series contender has at least one great player. Stanton will never be consistent enough to be great- but he can hit a baseball really far when he does make contact. That's fun to watch, but it's not getting us anywhere. Our most "complete" player is probably Christian yelich, and that isn't saying a whole lot. This team is not in very good shape. There is no identity. No evidence of any type of philosophy. It's just run very poorly from the top down.

Guest Guest
I posted that like a week ago and a ton of people including Admin downvoted me. 

I downvoted him too, I'm an equal opportunity downvoter. It isn't cause I disagree with it (even though I do), it is because it is just repetitive nonsense.

Please show me where I said BABIP is entirely a measure of luck.  

DO IT

What is your stance on this statement:

BABIP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK (OR LACK THEREOF)

as my politically aligned friend penguino has already said, hech just plain sucks it has nothing to do with luck. How can you claim luck when the guy is literally the single worst qualified player in baseball 2+ years running and 3 out of the last 4.

His babip is low because he hits way too many groundballs (52%), hits too many infield flies (11%), and makes shit for contact (soft or medium) 80% of the time. his average FB distance is like bottom 5 in all of baseball. He's really really bad at hitting a baseball. theres a reason his babip sucks and it's because he sucks