Boycott The Team

You're not embarrassing him in the slightest

A single person can't embarrass him. Let's get a large group of people on the best Marlins forum to boycott his team and boo the shit out of him at this year's All-Star Game. He's only here at this point for the All-Star Game anyway. 

Loria will be gone soon (hopefully) but he's done of a lot of idiotic things that will hamper the franchise for years to come. Most notably the amount of shitty contracts he put on the books and the depleted farm system (a result of bad trades).

The franchise is at rock bottom. Could not be any lower. I'm not going to boycott this team, but I think that people should be loud and vocal about how shitty the situation is.

I think the best point that can be made in this thread besides@Admin post was the issue with the contracts. Getting rid of Chen and Stanton contracts would be an issue.

I love this team and will root for them no matter what. Obviously the front office needs to go. But getting rid of those contracts and getting something good back will be the real challenge

Getting rid of Chen and Stanton contracts would be an issue.

Immovable contracts really yeah. It would take the inclusion of young cheap controllable talent like a Realmuto to even begin a discussion probably. And that is just the type of guy they wouldn't want to move.

1998-2002 wasn't that bad aside from how depressing the firesale was. At least during those years the Marlins had a solid core of players, a lot of promising young talent in the minor leagues, and a competent GM.

2012-2017 have definitely been the darkest years of the franchise history by far.

I disagree only because the ballpark means baseball in South Florida. From 98 to 02 not only were the teams shit, but the stadium was shit and the long-term security of baseball in Miami was in the air. 

I disagree only because the ballpark means baseball in South Florida. From 98 to 02 not only were the teams shit, but the stadium was shit and the long-term security of baseball in Miami was in the air. 

Yeah. I don't bring this up because it'll just be one more reason for people to call me a Loria apologist but his regime is responsible for that ballpark and for the team still being in Miami.

Yeah. I don't bring this up because it'll just be one more reason for people to call me a Loria apologist but his regime is responsible for that ballpark and for the team still being in Miami.

Well that's definitely the highlight of the short list of positive things related to his Marlins legacy. The second being putting together 40% of a championship team in 2003.

However, I don't think that during 1998-2002 the chances of the Marlins leaving South Florida were that severe. There were some grumblings about the Twins and Marlins being contracted but nothing seemed to be that imminent. 

The second being putting together 40% of a championship team in 2003.

Glad you mentioned that. I see often that he's given no credit for 2003 which is wrong. Yes, Dombrowski built most of the team, but Loria is the one that upped the budget to go get Pudge before the season. And it was Beinfest that acquired Urbina. I probably forgot other things. Jack was the right fit for the team but I know some people don't like counting managers. No WS title without Loria and his staff's moves.

He was ok. Mediocre at best, but still a million times better than Hill.

I would say it was apparent that Beinfest had his hands tied. Most GMs aren't forced to operate on a $20 million payroll. He made a few stupid trades, but I assume during those darkest years of salary, most GMs could easily take advantage of him.