Sign in to follow this  
HanleyDavidson

Jose Fernandez dies in boating accident

I was born in 1991.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that Jose is, at worst, one of the 10 best pitchers I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Thinking out loud, would it be weird if Jose was announced as the starter for the all star game in a ceremonial way? Like when that game starts there should be a moment of silence there and then play the game? I dunno maybe that's too much but I'm just saying since he was a starting pitcher you make him starting the game a thing.

Yes do it and start the game with an 0-1 count 

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Thinking out loud, would it be weird if Jose was announced as the starter for the all star game in a ceremonial way? Like when that game starts there should be a moment of silence there and then play the game? I dunno maybe that's too much but I'm just saying since he was a starting pitcher you make him starting the game a thing.

No it isn't weird. And yes, that sounds like an excellent idea.

Not that injuries, fire sales, ped suspensions etc are anywhere as important as this but man us Marlins fans really do get kicked and stomped in the heart quite a bit.

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm sure the Redskins started a game with 10 men of defense for one play in memory of Sean Taylor years ago in a sort of similar situation.

Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not that injuries, fire sales, ped suspensions etc are anywhere as important as this but man us Marlins fans really do get kicked and stomped in the heart quite a bit.

It's really an awful way to end a pretty disappointing season. This team is in a lot of trouble now. I think they were probably counting on trading Jose for a big haul within the next year.