Marlins Trade Rumors

No matter what happens the Marlins will end up either paying his full salary by not moving him or pay at least 50% when they do, ala Hampton the pitcher Loria paid $10 million a year for like 3 years to beat us with Atlanta

Rockies paid Hampton's salary 

Rockies paid Hampton's salary 

I looked this up today because I was curious on the details and it says the Marlins had to take on $30 million of Hampton's salary. They'd pay him $9 million in 2003, $10 million in 2004 and $11 million in 2005. That was from a 2002 article shortly after the trade with the braves that came next. 

I looked this up today because I was curious on the details and it says the Marlins had to take on $30 million of Hampton's salary. They'd pay him $9 million in 2003, $10 million in 2004 and $11 million in 2005. That was from a 2002 article shortly after the trade with the braves that came next. 

Rockies sent cash with the trade, I'm pretty sure those 30 mil were from the Rockies

Yup and the Marlins acquired with him with intention of having him becoming their starting pitcher but he didn't wanna play for them so they had to trade him off.

Makes you wonder how the season would have gone if Hampton was a Marlin that year.

Had no idea abou the Phelps trade talks with the Mariners. Talks went from not happening to close to a deal in just an hour with the Marlins and Mariners.

9:12am: MLB.com’s Jon Morosi tweets that the two sides are actually “fairly close” to completing a trade that would send Phelps to Seattle.

8:56am: FOX’s Ken Rosenthal also hears the two sides are talking but says there’s no match to this point, as the Marlins don’t love the Mariners’ minor league system (Twitter link).

Talks went from not happening to close within 16 minutes? Where have I seen that before around here? How's Chen doing these days?

This a common occurence, looks like Mariners will pay the remaining salary and Marlins will get a C prospect.

Chen is collecting dust.

9:52am: Yahoo’s Jeff Passan tweets that the trade is at the finish line, and a deal is “imminent.” MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro reports that the Marlins are seeking a pair of quality prospects in exchange for Phelps (Twitter links). Fellow right-hander AJ Ramos is not a part of this trade and is being discussed with multiple other teams, Frisaro adds.

Joe Frisaro ✔ @JoeFrisaro

As for controllable core players -- Ozuna, Yelich, Realmuto, Straily, etc. -- they remain not available at this point. #Marlins

Wouldn't Bour be in the group of "controllable" players?  Everybody forgetting BOUR????  Riddle?  Rojas?

I like how Ozuna continues to be mentioned that he isn't going anywhere. If we knew what we were doing he would be our biggest trade chip right now.

Bour I believe is on that list. I don' t think the Marlins will move him.

I like how Ozuna continues to be mentioned that he isn't going anywhere. If we knew what we were doing he would be our biggest trade chip right now.

Bour I believe is on that list. I don' t think the Marlins will move him.

They better not trade Bour. I just copped a Bour's grand slam donuts shirt...