Marlins Trade Rumors

Do you believe the current roster could win the World Series? If not, they have to change things. Can't get something for nothing.

Do you believe the current roster of Cubs could win the WS ? with a record that only 1.5 games ahead us,obviously they believe so they adding Quintana to their roster,so who knows what would happen after we doing something like that…

You aren't addressing how they will add onto the team when they lack prospects. Can you answer my question instead of posting a pre-planned message? I'm trying to have a discussion with you.

Does this season be the last one we played !? obviously not,so why not just keep this lineup and adding some pitching in the off-season for the next season !? don't tell me it's mission impossible for us to acquire some top tier FA SPs…and as for this season,it's still not over yet,in this way we played in the last two months plus the come back of injured players like Rojas and Chen,I believe it's still a much interesting season.

Does this season be the last one we played !? obviously not,so why not just keep this lineup and adding some pitching in the off-season for the next season !? don't tell me it's mission impossible for us to acquire some top tier FA SPs…and as for this season,it's still not over yet,in this way we played in the last two months plus the come back of injured players like Rojas and Chen,I believe it's still a much interesting season.

Your ideas seem unrealistic. This team doesn't have any prospects in the farm system, and they're losing money.

As some have pointed out if Loria wants to sell the team he'll have no problems finding a buyer as MLB teams aren't for sale that often and the fact the team may be bereft of talent doesn't really hurt the possibility of finding interested buyers so it's quite possible he might gut the team in terms of trading off a ton of guys and getting out from under that albatross of a contact owed to G (likely by including someone with a team friendly contract in the deal - i.e. Yelich) so that the next ownership group that comes in will get a fresh start of sorts.  If Jose were still alive I'd say he'd be the only untouchable on the team.

If I were a betting man I'd say that at least half of our starting lineup will be gone by next opening day.  Right now, nobody is going to games anyway so it's not like another flurry of trades that will instantly be labeled as a firesale will hurt attendance. I just hope that it's not the new owners that have to cut bait because they'll have the chance to make good with the community and try to rebuild a fanbase that hasn't been there since after the 97 season. 

Not trying to be a dick, but what are you basing this on?

Tbh I have no evidence and was making the conclusion based on never really hearing him do anything bad except for when he opens his mouth and says something stupid to the media. Him being a PR problem seems like his biggest problem so I was thinking he was ok at the stuff away from a camera or a microphone .... with that said you did bring to light several business fuck ups that he has done so I guess I'm wrong. 

Not trying to be a dick, but what are you basing this on?

The only really positive thing I can say that Samson accomplished was strong arming the local governments to fund the stadium construction when it was politically unpopular to do so.

If this franchise actually really is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, Samson has some responsibility there.

He has some responsibility for not securing new forms of revenue. He likely botched the local TV contract (which fucked over the Marlins big time) and he's probably on the hook for not landing stadium naming rights.

Overall, Loria is the main culprit for the franchise being a laughing stock around the league, but I'd argue that Samson has played a major role in upholding the three ring circus act they've become. Samson sucks terribly at PR.

Samson was in charge of the stadium roll out, and while the facility is amazing, the attendance sucks. There's been bad blood with the season ticket holders. Promises weren't kept. The Marlins envisioned a lot of commercial retailers filling in around the stadium. There are so many things that Samson and Co. publicly promised that never came into fruition.

Samson just blows a lot of hot air. He's cocky and full of himself. The Marlins have a major PR problem on their hands. They need to get rid of Samson and bring in new blood who actually have fresh ideas and will be much better at tapping into the market.

Claude delorme was responsible for ballpark operations. 

Tbh I have no evidence and was making the conclusion based on never really hearing him do anything bad except for when he opens his mouth and says something stupid to the media. Him being a PR problem seems like his biggest problem so I was thinking he was ok at the stuff away from a camera or a microphone .... with that said you did bring to light several business fuck ups that he has done so I guess I'm wrong. 

You were just making a honest opinion as we all have that right on here. So here is mine. I just feel in the grand scheme of things, especially going forward that Samson needs to go too. As bad as he is on PR issues I think some of his PR blunders prob could be somewhat looked past IF and it's a huge IF he was considered a top  MLB team President but as we all know. He's no where near that status.He did help get the stadium I know but (Aside from being in part of strong arming stadium approval) the other major blunders that have occurred under his watch are just too much to ignore from someone who is basically the face of day to day operations. New face, new blood, new voice and leadership are a must if / when team is sold. 

Whether he's good or not, isn't he like the only MLB team president that is actually "known?" I can't think of any other MLB president that is a pretty public figure. That's probably a bad thing actually. Can anyone name any other publicly recognizable team presidents? Not president of baseball operations either. 

Who was responsible for fucking up the TV deal? That's by far the worst thing that's happened to this franchise from a business perspective in recent memory.

Yes thank you! You're absolutely right. I agree with you on Samson. Even if no one else does. 

Hes certainly not competent, like mentioned prior: incompetent is more like it. 

Whether he's good or not, isn't he like the only MLB team president that is actually "known?" I can't think of any other MLB president that is a pretty public figure. That's probably a bad thing actually. Can anyone name any other publicly recognizable team presidents? Not president of baseball operations either. 

I would say it's definitely better to be little know publicly than being known publicly for bad reasons such as seems to be the case like you mentioned for Mr Samson.  

There are a few that are known publicly outside their teams regions. Seems like many have "of baseball operations" in title. Though but like I said I'd rather ours be less publicly known instead of known like Samson is known or thought of. 

I would say it's definitely better to be little know publicly than being known publicly for bad reasons such as seems to be the case like you mentioned for Mr Samson.  

There are a few that are known publicly outside their teams regions. Seems like many have "of baseball operations" in title. Though but like I said I'd rather ours be less publicly known instead of known like Samson is known or thought of. 

Team President and President of Baseball Operations are two entirely different positions. One runs the baseball side of the organization one runs the non baseball business dealings. President of Baseball Operations is basically a fancier title for the GM, though some teams have both in place. To answer my own question about which other Team Presidents are known, I can only think of Arizona's Derrik Hall and I think the Brewers Team President has been visible a time or two though I might be wrong. 

Yes thank you! You're absolutely right. I agree with you on Samson. Even if no one else does. 

Hes certainly not competent, like mentioned prior: incompetent is more like it. 

It takes a very competent person to get a ballpark built. It was done under budget as well. Samson might be many things but he isn't incompetent, not that I value your opinion on this anyways. 

There are a small handful of higher ups that are talented, and Samson is one of them. And I say this as a major critic of this organization.