Marlins Trade Rumors

Jokersgoon

If I'm Jorge Mas I wouldn't be stupid enough to make the "fire sale" my first impression to the fans of this team,of course he won't to hurt this already "super bad" fan base so I predict he would do his best to keep the core and give them some more seasons.

How about he does what is best for the franchise?

JoeF again shows how retarded he is. 

And we're back to certain people here pushing for a rebuild under Hill. So dumb. Michael Hill couldn't build an Ikea glass cup let alone a fucking baseball team. 

You may be right, but the next ownership group may not be any better, which is why its better to trade people at their highest value now.  Waiting in hopes for the next guy is probably not the best idea.  I don't remember the last time the Marlins have had some may pieces that would be desirable to other teams that should get a pretty nice haul.

I understand Stanton's deal is bad for the Marlins but is it THAT bad for the rest of the league? If he was a FA this year he'd get 30/year. Adding Yelich to Stanton just to get rid of his deal would drive me absolutely nuts.

based on what logic?

There is 1 other position player making 30 aav.

The highest contract last winter for a position player was Cespedes and that was for 4 years.

Stanton isnt at the Trout/Harper level.

Stanton could easily net 25 AAV in this market, maybe up to 28-29 in certain markets.

Craig Mish of Sirius XM tweetedSaturday that the Giants have shown more interest than anyone else inMarlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton, leading Alex Pavlovic of NBC Sports Bay Area to assess whether a deal could happen. The California-born slugger’s enormous contract (he’ll collect $295MM through 2028 if he doesn’t opt out after the 2020 season) makes it highly unlikely he’ll end up in San Francisco, even if the Marlins were to eat around $95MM, observes Pavlovic. To take on that type of money – particularly for a player who has had difficulty staying healthy – would cripple the Giants’ budget for both the near term and the long haul, Pavlovic writes.

His name will come up a lot but I really don't think Stanton goes anywhere for several reasons. 

No matter what happens the Marlins will end up either paying his full salary by not moving him or pay at least 50% when they do, ala Hampton the pitcher Loria paid $10 million a year for like 3 years to beat us with Atlanta

I hope the next owners immediately do a fire sale just to see what the public says. It's gonna be entertaining. 

Irrelevant. While you want to sell high on the current talent, the Marlin's are at a low in fans giving a shit. A rebuild is fine but not in the hands of Hill. 

No matter what happens the Marlins will end up either paying his full salary by not moving him or pay at least 50% when they do, ala Hampton the pitcher Loria paid $10 million a year for like 3 years to beat us with Atlanta

Rockies paid Hampton's salary 

Rockies paid Hampton's salary 

I looked this up today because I was curious on the details and it says the Marlins had to take on $30 million of Hampton's salary. They'd pay him $9 million in 2003, $10 million in 2004 and $11 million in 2005. That was from a 2002 article shortly after the trade with the braves that came next. 

I looked this up today because I was curious on the details and it says the Marlins had to take on $30 million of Hampton's salary. They'd pay him $9 million in 2003, $10 million in 2004 and $11 million in 2005. That was from a 2002 article shortly after the trade with the braves that came next. 

Rockies sent cash with the trade, I'm pretty sure those 30 mil were from the Rockies

Yup and the Marlins acquired with him with intention of having him becoming their starting pitcher but he didn't wanna play for them so they had to trade him off.

Makes you wonder how the season would have gone if Hampton was a Marlin that year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.