Ricky Davis to Boston

JMLinkinPark

From ESPN.com:

Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge has been promising for months that he was going to fill the scoring void left when he traded Antoine Walker to Dallas.

Ainge has made his move.

Two league sources told Insider that the Celtics and Cavaliers have agreed to a trade that will send Ricky Davis, Chris Mihm and Michael Stewart to Boston for Eric Williams, Tony Battie and Kedrick Brown.

The trade is expected to be announced later Monday.

Davis is a scoring machine but has bumped heads with new head coach Paul Silas. Silas coached Davis as a rookie in Charlotte and the two didn't get along, and Silas has grown frustrated with Davis' lack of defensive effort this season.

The trade gives the Cavs three solid defenders to surround LeBron James. In addition, Cleveland creates extra cap flexibility next summer when Williams' contract comes off the books.

The Celtics get a player capable of scoring 20 points a game in Davis as well as big man Mihm, who is playing the best basketball of his career.

Pierce is single handley the whole damn team..... with Vin Baker finally havein a good year....... but the celts have been hot and i think that Battie and Eric WIlliams had a big part that......

Celst lost some good defense in a trade 4 a Dr.Jeckel and Mr Hyde player in Ricky Davis..... i like the trade 4 both teams Cavs get some Solid Role palyers and Boston gets that 2nd scorer they so badly needed

Wow, talk about a GM not afraid to take risks.

His first one kinda backfired there. Maybe this one will work out better.

This is big for Lebron James as now he has to carry the team even more than before, but at least he has the chance to score a lot more since Ricky "Selfish" Davis is gone. James just needs to take advantage now.

I still can't imagine Ricky in green.

I bet you all that in one week, Ricky Davis will complain that Pierce is a ball hog and he doesn't get the ball enough :lol