County says Marlins home-run sculpture in Miami "is not moveable"

SonOfJack

Keep it.  As if a big apple coming up is creative, or a costumed beer brewer going down a slide.  Too bad no more chief Nocahoma.  If John Sterling was our announcer, we would have been complaining about his stupid nicknames, but it's NY, so it's cool.  

99% percent of the game, the Mets apple is buried inside its container whereas the obnoxious HR sculpture stares at you the whole game like a giant middle finger.

All it does is remind you of how controlling and insufferable Jeffrey Loria was. Get rid of it.

With the amount of time, money, and effort it would take to actually be able to negotiate or change whatever says the sculpture can't be moved this isn't even worth them looking into any further. I can't imagine Sherman and Jeter hate the thing that much to bother fighting this. 

They can just task Samson with that. He has nothing better to contribute.

#fakenews

Truly is. The tweet says not movable. The quote in the article says the entire sculpture isn't physically able to be moved. That doesn't mean they won't sell it to the new owners. It doesn't mean a lot of things. Good eye on the fake news. 

Replace it with and animatronic jumping Marlin. It can stay hidden like the apple in New York and hopefully it will look cooler then that ugly sculpture..

I thought of the same thing but they should make several marlins jumping from one side to the other with some water splash.

Keep it.  As if a big apple coming up is creative, or a costumed beer brewer going down a slide.  Too bad no more chief Nocahoma.  If John Sterling was our announcer, we would have been complaining about his stupid nicknames, but it's NY, so it's cool.  

Have Billy the Marlin slide into the Clevandlander pool.

They could easily fill that in, put a railing, and have it be a special section with tables and chairs served by the clevelander. 

They could also fill it in, put grass, leave a slight slant, and have it be a picnic area. 

They could build a giant billy the marlin the pops up, breathes fire, and shoots laser beams everywhere. 

Who cares just get rid of it.

Or they can leave it as it is....

i like the friggingthjng- just wish It'd pop up instead of sitting there like a pinball machine waiting to be turned on. 

CHanging it to special seats is just going to have it go unused. 

Only other idea is remove it and place it in the west plaza, fill it in with grass, and then try to keep a marlins logo flower arrangement there. 

Don't see why everyone is so desperate to remove it. It's been there for 6 seasons now, it's part of the ballpark. What else would they do with the space? Can't fit additional seats in there so it would look very empty without it.

The people obsessed with getting rid of the HR sculpture are the same ones that want the new ownership to go back to the old Florida Marlins uniforms.  

I honestly barely notice the HR sculpture. 

Im focused on the game. And when a Marlins player hit a HR, I'm too busy watching where the ball goes and then high diving people around me to even notice the sculpture

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.