How will you react to the firesale?

Erick

Considering the team has played well the past 3 months or so and Stanton has arguably become the best player in baseball in that span, how will you react when Jeter and company sell all the pieces in the offseason? 

Quit rooting for the team?

Indifferent?

Or happy because you think it's necessary? 

Trade and/or dump anyone but Stanton. Have a $40 million payroll if needed but $30 million goes to Stanton. If Stanton is gone I will be very upset. 

I'd be more upset if this was the strategy. I don't care if Stanton hits 100 home runs if the team sucks. Having such a large percentage of payroll tied up to one player is a terrible idea.

I'd probably give up.....

which is sad.

Theres no legitimate baseball reason to break up a cost controlled core that has been one of the hottest in baseball and recordbreaking in the OF.

Realmutto, Stanton, Yelich, Gordon, Bour are five guys you build an offense around knowing they are locked up and wont skyrocket.

I'll react the way I've done for everyone of these they've held so far, Anger at first when they trade away guys that would be considered cornerstones of other organizations, secondly acceptance that the farm system is shit and they just don't have the horses to make a title run, finally hope that the new guys will push them to a championship. Basically wash, wear, repeat!! I love baseball and will hopefully fully vindicated when my Fish win it all againe

I can't say that I would be completely done.  I've followed baseball since I was 8 years old.   It's been a part of my life since I can remember having memories. I was a Cardinals fan until the Marlins came along. I think if anything I would just become a casual fan.  Instead of watching and following every night I will probably just occasionally check up on them on the internet.  I was really patient because there wasn't a stadium deal before.  The stadium was supposed to be our saving grace and I really bought into that. Now it's the bad TV deal.  It will always be something.  Trading away Cabrera was difficult but again I held out hope for a stadium deal.  Not this time

I will always be a fan and I believe it's normal for a new ownership to come in and want to straighten things out but in the long run it will be a great idea unless there are fake fans out there who are just going to jump ship because of them slashing payroll. It has to be done to strengthen our farm system because we do have the worst Farm in baseball. I love that Jeter bought the team this is good for Miami and I don't see a better owner than him and I see players wanting to play for him.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.