Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, el penguino said:

According to logic/reason.

Let's give up on the year and wait for the future with our great farm system. Makes a ton of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not worried about the Marlins so much next season, I think they'll be fine. I'm more worried about the rest of the division just being way better than us, if that makes any sense. Hearing the Nats want both McCutchen and Sale. Just think about that. How could we ever top that not to mention the rest of the division?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet1929 said:

I'm not worried about the Marlins so much next season, I think they'll be fine. I'm more worried about the rest of the division just being way better than us, if that makes any sense. Hearing the Nats want both McCutchen and Sale. Just think about that. How could we ever top that not to mention the rest of the division?

What do they have to lose with these moves they're supposedly rumored to make? Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, Erick said:

And, for what it's worth, I don't think that the Mets are that great. 

They aren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What do they have to lose with these moves they're supposedly rumored to make? Nothing.

Money, as in the financial stability to make future moves. That's really my only concern with these moves because as a fan watching the specific players I'm excited. I want them to spend money but I'm always weary they overspend to the point of handcuffing themselves down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

They fucked themselves over so badly with bad drafting and trades, that I don't see what they can realistically do to be a good team this season. Try to build up they best they can by selling off Ozuna and Ramos and try to be more active in the international free agent market.

Over the next couple of years I would try some low risk/high reward signings and see where they stand two years from now in terms of free agency. Then consider trading Yelich and Stanton and everyone else to hit the restart button.

I don't think that spending over $100 million on a closer, no matter how good he is, is a worthy investment given that the team has some massive holes in the rotation with Jose gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

 I want them to spend money but I'm always weary they overspend to the point of handcuffing themselves down the line.

Loria won't be the owner anymore in a year or two IMO so the hope is that he pumps up the value of the team and a new richer owner takes over who can add even with the existing contracts. Loria's plan to sell only becomes more obvious with this off-season chatter. Dismantling the roster or doing nothing won't help improve the team's value in his likely final season of ownership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilverBullet1929 said:


Money, as in the financial stability to make future moves. That's really my only concern with these moves because as a fan watching the specific players I'm excited. I want them to spend money but I'm always weary they overspend to the point of handcuffing themselves down the line.

Seems like they're only spending big money on one elite reliever. 

Maybe Loria is willing to do so because he plans on selling sooner than later. 

Either way, if they don't do something, they should just have a fire sale. Might as well go for it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...