Jeter Fires Conine McKeon Dawson & Perez

JTRiddlesMom

Not sure how to take this news. The most disturbing is the news on Mike Hill. Unless he isn't to be making any decisions. but just a puppet. 

Do you think that he could actually be going to do a  COMPLETE do over of the team....including Name.....meaning no reason to keep any old Marlins, especially MR MARLIN Jeff Conine ?

It's some bad PR, but the role of those 4 guys are special assistant to either the owner or president...both of which are about to be gone, so it's not exactly shocking that the new ownership would want to bring in their own people.  This entire organization needs a complete overhaul.  

It's some bad PR, but the role of those 4 guys are special assistant to either the owner or president...both of which are about to be gone

It is of course not much of an impact to the roster, but it is abysmal PR. These aren't no-name assistants. It is arguably the two most beloved names in franchise history and two Hall of Famers with their own ties to the city and franchise.

Jeter isn't making the moves, he's just the face of the real owner, Sherman. Jeter put down 25 mil, relatively nothing compared to the total cost. Jeter is a puppet just like Samson is. Anyone who thinks Jeter is making the moves on his own are misguided.

I disagree with this. Jeter wants to run the team and the reason he's with Sherman is that Sherman is ok with sitting back and letting Jeter make the moves. Other potential owners turned down teaming with Jeter for this reason. Until we're specifically told otherwise I'm 100% believing these are Jeter's moves. 

on one hand it's darkly funny that we're bitching about some guys that did nothing to contribute to the team's day to day operations - that said, the part where he made Samson do it is shitty because that's just a flat-out dick move.  I get the whole wanting to clean house (although he must love Michael Hill for some reason).  I'm more concerned here that they cut these guys to save whatever $$ they could, even if it's only enough to pay the per diems for a single road trip.  I'm picturing Jeter sitting on an iron throne replica in his office once he finally moves in for good.  Sigh...how sad is it that Huizenga was the best owner we've had?

on one hand it's darkly funny that we're bitching about some guys that did nothing to contribute to the team's day to day operations - that said, the part where he made Samson do it is shitty because that's just a flat-out dick move.  I get the whole wanting to clean house (although he must love Michael Hill for some reason).  I'm more concerned here that they cut these guys to save whatever $$ they could, even if it's only enough to pay the per diems for a single road trip.  I'm picturing Jeter sitting on an iron throne replica in his office once he finally moves in for good.  Sigh...how sad is it that Huizenga was the best owner we've had?

He loves Mike Hill because Mike Hill is as blind to advanced analytics as Jeter is.

Difficult to find in today's MLB.

I disagree with this. Jeter wants to run the team and the reason he's with Sherman is that Sherman is ok with sitting back and letting Jeter make the moves. Other potential owners turned down teaming with Jeter for this reason. Until we're specifically told otherwise I'm 100% believing these are Jeter's moves. 

Fair enough. It could explain why he'd be ok with keeping Mike Hill too, another known yes-man.

none of them will be missed imo....

Mike Hill...why still aboard?  Hopefully Jeter's just gonna pick his brain to see what info he can provide ... and dump him before the start of the season.

I'm waiting to see what he does with the team... 

Jeter is waiting to see what the Padres would offer for Hill.

I will miss Connie and McKeon. McKeon was known to do some scouting (don't know how much he's done lately) as well as some help at spring training. Now Connie may stay as commentator, not certain. And he was seen often at batting cage. So he may have helped some of batters/coaches as another spotter.  BU T if the guys admitted they weren't doing much for the team the funds could be used elsewhere. I doubt they were making $50k. What do you think? Maybe positions aren't needed. Maybe not being replaced. Now we wanted Loria out and it appears he is. It doesn't make sense that these guys could be fired without a nod that team has been sold with owners approval  is sold to them. So I don't like it (other than Samson) but we can't/couldn't continue with Loria, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait and see. Maybe it will take a couple years for improvement. But they may have to cut people we don't want and maybe not cut others. People's butts have to start sitting in seats or we're not going to have a baseball team. So I'm certainly hoping, almost positive, that they  can't completely gut the team, make fans unhappy, or their investment will turn to zero. That's my humble opinion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.