Athletics targeting Ozuna and Yelich

This is their revenge because yesterday i said they never get past the first step of a rebuild. Their plan is to probably acquire both just to trade them at next season's deadline.

Jokes aside... with the Marlins known to be shaking up the roster which team wouldn't be at least checking in on Ozuna and Yelich? This is borderline fake news lol. 

Gotta trade both if you truly want prospects back. 

A lot of people will be disappointed with the return we’ll get for Stanton. 

I also don't think the Marlins can even pick up much of Stanton's salary. Trading Stanton is absolutely a salary dump (and rightfully so if you believe they're losing money) and what's the point of a salary dump if they have to pay a big chunk of the contract? For that he might as well be kept. 

I also don't think the Marlins can even pick up much of Stanton's salary. Trading Stanton is absolutely a salary dump (and rightfully so if you believe they're losing money) and what's the point of a salary dump if they have to pay a big chunk of the contract? For that he might as well be kept. 

Absolutely.

So what happens if Stanton flat out refuses to waive his no trade clause because he doesn't like the destinations the Marlins can work out a trade to? What would the plan be then? 

Play a season and arguably play it like a contract year. Walk, and get paid more money to go where he wants.

even if he has a meh season, he will likely still get similar money to what he has now. 

This is their revenge because yesterday i said they never get past the first step of a rebuild. Their plan is to probably acquire both just to trade them at next season's deadline.

Jokes aside... with the Marlins known to be shaking up the roster which team wouldn't be at least checking in on Ozuna and Yelich? This is borderline fake news lol. 

That's not unusual for the A's actually.  But it isn't typically done with young cost controlled players.  It's the older player on a deal they can't truly afford but they go into it knowing they'll move him mid season (Rich Hill most recently).

The Effectively Wild guys were discussing the Marlins rebuild last week in very level headed terms.  They correctly pointed out that in order to rebuild you have to move assets for future value.  Ozuna and Yelich are assets.  It's inevitable.  I think throwing more money at the pitching staff issue doesn't solve it and is probably more aggravating than dealing the obvious assets.