Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

Admin

Its not the Stanton deal that’s hamstrung the organization. It’s the likes of the Chen deal, the Prado deal, and the Vólquez deal. This is Loria’s mess, but the Stanton deal was not the problem. 

I’m waiting for the day, when Miami finally gets that one superstar that actually wants to be in Miami.

Personally, I think the new ownership group could have saved face by holding onto Stanton, and trading the likes of Ozuna/Yelich/Realmuto to receive some legit prospects. With the rate that young talent is ascending to the majors and impacting the game these days, I think that would have been the quicker route to competitiveness. Potentially to the point where we were competitive enough to convince Stanton not to opt out. If he did decide to opt out, then it’s him turning his back on the city, and he becomes the bad guy. Not the new ownership group.

Its not the Stanton deal that’s hamstrung the organization. It’s the likes of the Chen deal, the Prado deal, and the Vólquez deal. This is Loria’s mess, but the Stanton deal was not the problem. 

I’m waiting for the day, when Miami finally gets that one superstar that actually wants to be in Miami.

Personally, I think the new ownership group could have saved face by holding onto Stanton, and trading the likes of Ozuna/Yelich/Realmuto to receive some legit prospects. With the rate that young talent is ascending to the majors and impacting the game these days, I think that would have been the quicker route to competitiveness. Potentially to the point where we were competitive enough to convince Stanton not to opt out. If he did decide to opt out, then it’s him turning his back on the city, and he becomes the bad guy. Not the new ownership group.

Stanton didnt want to be a part of a rebuild. THAT WAS the original plan.

Well, he has done nothing to prove my feelings to be wrong. 

Besides all the other facts that show him working on Stanton deals with other teams, how about the fact that all the people involved are adults. That's some stupidity to think Jeter and Cashman are playing elementary school level games with real life major league teams and with millions of dollars at play on both sides.

Did they plan this secret deal in Cashman's tree house over some Capri Suns? 

Grow up. 

Besides all the other facts that show him working on Stanton deals with other teams, how about the fact that all the people involved are adults. That's some stupidity to think Jeter and Cashman are playing elementary school level games with real life major league teams and with millions of dollars at play on both sides.

Did they plan this secret deal in Cashman's tree house over some Capri Suns? 

Grow up. 

Pass. Enjoy looking at the bright side of another rebuild and fire sale.