Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro, Guzman and Devers

Admin

Having an outfield is not enough from 2009 to qualify as having a core to justify that position. And maybe you don't but this team was setup that way. And the new ownership is clearly out to make money. This has been shown by Sherman''s transactions of the past.

Any ownership or any business owner for that matter wants to make money.  that's kind of the point of running a business. that doesnt mean he doesnt want to win.

as to your first 2 sentences, i have no idea what that means.

Bruce Sherman has never owned a MLB team before so you can't just assume he won't want to win at the same time he makes money. It is possible to do both.

exactly.  find me a businessman/owner who doesnt want to make money and ill find you a bad businessman.  making money isnt a bad thing.  there has been no indication that he doesnt want to win too.

Any ownership or any business owner for that matter wants to make money.  that's kind of the point of running a business. that doesnt mean he doesnt want to win.

as to your first 2 sentences, i have no idea what that means.

You made mention this core has been togather since 2009. Incorrect, only a fraction of that is true. And, yes, every business owner wants to nake money but when you own a sports team outside of the NFL you know that is not the case save for a certain number of teams. So, no malong should not be your onus here.

Bruce Sherman has never owned a MLB team before so you can't just assume he won't want to win at the same time he makes money. It is possible to do both.

Expecting to make money in year 1-5 of new ownership is difficult to do, especially if you come into a situation that was poorly ran.

Too bad Sherman has no fucking reserves to handle losses of 10-30 million for a few years.

the entire point of this is that no, you dont have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to produce winners.  And this team hasnt been over .500 since 2009 despite this same core being together for years and having Jose fernandez be one of the top 5 pitchers in the league when he was alive and healthy.  This is the definition of an average team.

No. The lineup core of this team reached its potential this year for the first time and was above average, but the porous pitching and in particular the atrocious SP 3-5 made this an average (slightly below average if you want to say so) team. I think you could have lost an Ozuna and Gordon from the lineup, and picked up much better and cost-controllable SP 3-5 pitching and still competed. But that's all over with. Fire Sale #3, or is #4, is well under way.      

Well, I disagree with your premise regarding this being an average team except the starting pitching. As for paying, that's what you have to do to produce winners. Don't like it, don't own a team. 

You're being unrealistic thinking it's so easy to go buy this pitching you want them to get.

Number 1, tell me 2 SP out there that they can afford to get.

Number 2, how do you expect them to splurge on SP when they're in so much debt and are losing money every year with low attendance and their bad tv deal?

And this has nothing to do with Jeter being cheap. It's simple math. If they're losing money how is it smart to add even more to the payroll without fixing the financial losses first?

Your wishes for them are the same as if you were asking someone who's unable to pay their rent to go out and buy a new car tomorrow. 

Please explain this to me. 

You made mention this core has been togather since 2009. Incorrect, only a fraction of that is true. And, yes, every business owner wants to nake money but when you own a sports team outside of the NFL you know that is not the case save for a certain number of teams. So, no malong should not be your onus here.

ok, this core has been together since about 2013 for the outfielders and Jose.  They havent been over .500 and havent been anywhere near a legitimate contender the entire time all while being super expensive and the team loses millions of dollars a year.

And no, not every owner outside of the NFL loses money.  Im gonna stop responding to you now cause you seem to have no idea about the business of baseball and seem to think it's as easy as building a fantasy team

No. The lineup core of this team reached its potential this year for the first time and was above average, but the porous pitching and in particular the atrocious SP 3-5 made this an average (slightly below average if you want to say so) team. I think you could have lost an Ozuna and Gordon from the lineup, and picked up much better and cost-controllable SP 3-5 pitching and still competed. But that's all over with. Fire Sale #3, or is #4, is well under way.      

the lineup was above average with career years from stanton, Ozuna, Dee, and Realmuto as well as bour when he was healthy and the lineup was healthy all year with the exception of bour.  And they were only above average.  they werent top 10 in any of OBP, slugging, runs, etc.  their offense might have been good enough if we had 2 front line starting pitchers to complement them, but we dont, as well as not having any conceivable way to acquire said front line starting pitching.