Fox Sports dumps Waltz, Preston, Conine

Fox Sports insisted on the record that decisions on these dismissals were made entirely by Fox, not by the Marlins.

But several people close to the situation were highly skeptical of that, noting that Fox loved Waltz all the way until the time Derek Jeter bought the team. A source very close to Conine said Jeter did not want Conine to remain with the broadcast crew.

Herald

I mean it makes sense that Conine got axed considering I'm sure he was not thrilled with the way the team dumped him from his FO job.

The Waltz thing I don't get. Who are you going to get that's any better? They all already have jobs.

It should still be Hutton and Waltz.

Herald

Lol I had a hunch that the Fox statement might have been BS at least partially.

Rich is harder to replace than Tommy is.

Jeter probably wanted Conine gone because he went public about that insulting job offer.

Again, the jury is still out on Jeter, but you have to admit that he's been behaving like Jeffrey Loria Jr. so far. What other MLB owners have such strong opinions on the broadcasting crew?

Lol I had a hunch that the Fox statement might have been BS at least partially.

Rich is harder to replace than Tommy is.

Jeter probably wanted Conine gone because he went public about that insulting job offer.

Again, the jury is still out on Jeter, but you have to admit that he's been behaving like Jeffrey Loria Jr. so far. What other MLB owners have such strong opinions on the broadcasting crew?

He's behaving like a pettier, less competent version of Loria.

Whatever happened with Forte by the way. Did he get canned too in the past?

Nevermind, Twitter says he’s still with FSN(for now). Did they move him to a new role?

He could still be with FSN just not with the Marlins. I'm pretty sure I've seen him doing things with the Panthers broadcasts in recent years. 

when this story broke, the wife and I made the mutual decision to not pay for the MLB Season pass next season so we can watch the Fish way out here in Phoenix.  As someone else mentioned, the best things about the Marlins were Rich & Tommy, Jose, and G (100% he's gone).  Both of us certainly appreciated and enjoyed watching other players (my wife is in love with Bour, who will also likely be gone unfortunately) but those 4 were what made this team watchable day in and day out.  None of the idiots they ran out there came close to replacing T-Hut.  I wondered how well Rich would hold up not having his sidekick with him and although the spark wasn't there with any of the people over these last two seasons he showed that he is a damn fine analyst and can carry a game on his own.

Jose's death brought the team closer together than ever.  I don't know if I'll ever see another player like him. Talent-wise of course there will be others but not that combination of talent and just electric personality and such a joy of the game.  When G was on his gigantic MVP tear this year my heart hurt from wanting to see Jose going nuts in the dugout with each bomb.  You KNOW he would have practically been doing cartwheels along with Dee. Generational talent. 110%.

So G finally puts it all together for a season and becomes an absolute monster.  I was a little surprised to see the vote THAT close actually. His trade will be devastating from a PR standpoint.  It is such a shame that the marlins basically had shit luck on nearly every pitching FA they brought in because they have a WS caliber offense now and made games so much fun to watch once our MVP got rolling finally.  Jose, Chen (had he continued his career norms), Urena, Straily, and (insert journeyman here) would have been a competitive starting rotation to go with this offense.

There has been so much "classic Marlins" with this new regime so far - dark cloud of the impending firesale, ditching a beloved analyst (don't give 2 shits what FSN said in a release, this is 100% new ownership), whining about finances (shouldn't have bought the fucking team, assholes), dumping the international money via trade, Mike Hill remaining (the one guy that should have been shown the door ASAP), and just the general constant reminder that once again (and seemingly always after some positive strides made during the season) we aren't going to be players in FA and are generally going to be worse off again next season.

So yeah, i will be following them via boxscore and I'll watch them when they play the Diamondbacks since they'll be on locally but I am not shelling out one cent to them any longer.  MLB fucks this team over time and time again by allowing garbage owners to take the reigns.  If Jeter hadn't been attached to Sherman there is no way in hell he'd have been the winning group (yes, I know..Loria's yankee obsession) or the finances been approved. 

Blah.  Letting Rich go was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  Only sport to watch now is hockey.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving everyone lol

sad to see Rich go, I initially didn't care for him but really came to like him over the years.  I'll miss watching him call the games like I miss Hutton. Not a great sign from Jeter there IMO. 

Agreed though, Waltz was a class act, he'll have plenty of work.