Why has Derek Jeter received so much hate?

casual fans think Jeter just bought the team from the guy who traded the entire team after the 1997 world series

Causal fans just acknowledge the Marlins have had x amount of firesales (4) in their lifetime and probably gave up on following the team seriously. 

Let's not pretend the casual fan is aware of who was in charge in 1997. Let's not pretend the causal fan even gives a flying fuck who owned the team in 1997 - it doesn't matter. 

Just read that the Dodgers trade proposal for Stanton involved Adrian Gonzalez, Scott Kazmir, and Brandon McCarthy.

So yeah, the Marlins had no leverage in the Stanton trade.

If Mike Hill wasn't so hasty to trade Stanton The Dodgers might be in position to make a deal now

One thing about the casual fan that drives me crazy is they think every Marlins trade is a fire sale. It's almost like they think it's wrong to make a single trade, as if other teams never do it.

I remember when they traded away Dan Haren at the 2015 deadline... a normal move for a team in that position with that player at that time etc etc and some people were like oh here they go again trading away all their good players like always. 

• 4 weeks later...

While it was stupid and really insulting, Jeter did get a pass when he said that he can get the Latin fans to come to games by playing more Latin music.  Imagine if he made similar comments about how to get other ethnic or racial groups to show up.  This would have ratcheted up the hate also, and it is unusual coming from someone who played his whole career in a diverse city.

So stupid. Let the man try what he has planned. Everyone now thinks they can shoot down someone's goals just because they don't like them. That's not the way the world works. 

While it was stupid and really insulting, Jeter did get a pass when he said that he can get the Latin fans to come to games by playing more Latin music.  Imagine if he made similar comments about how to get other ethnic or racial groups to show up.  This would have ratcheted up the hate also, and it is unusual coming from someone who played his whole career in a diverse city.

give me a fucking break with this bullshit.  he's not a marketing guy.  He was clearly saying that he's going to cater more to the local base at the stadium.

Read this "go back to sleep" if you are unaware of statements that make people cringe along racial or ethnic lines when people make moronic comments.  Start reading more.  

cringe all you want, but he was clearly saying that he's going to make it a more latin friendly ballpark vibe.  But please by all means continue to try to find fake outrage wherever possible.

Not that I think this is probable, but I kind of hope for reasons beyond the Marlins success that Alcantara, Neidert, Gallen, and some dude they got for trading Bour are all in the starting rotation April 2019 and look pretty good, Sierra looks like the next Pierre/Hamilton/Dyson kind of guy, they get another longterm position player trading Castro/Straily, they hit on something completely random like Cooper becoming pretty good, the totally crush the 2018 draft, Guzman becomes the "top 100 prospect" people are crying about, etc.

I just want to see the Jeter "fuck all the haters" press conference because that is going to be hilarious.

Give the dude 2018. Hell, give him until September before lobbing the bombs.

Not that I think this is probable, but I kind of hope for reasons beyond the Marlins success that Alcantara, Neidert, Gallen, and some dude they got for trading Bour are all in the starting rotation April 2019 and look pretty good, Sierra looks like the next Pierre/Hamilton/Dyson kind of guy, they get another longterm position player trading Castro/Straily, they hit on something completely random like Cooper becoming pretty good, the totally crush the 2018 draft, Guzman becomes the "top 100 prospect" people are crying about, etc.

I just want to see the Jeter "fuck all the haters" press conference because that is going to be hilarious.

This.

One thing about the casual fan that drives me crazy is they think every Marlins trade is a fire sale. It's almost like they think it's wrong to make a single trade, as if other teams never do it.

I remember when they traded away Dan Haren at the 2015 deadline... a normal move for a team in that position with that player at that time etc etc and some people were like oh here they go again trading away all their good players like always. 

To be fair, this team has a history of fire sales. 

this is all ive been saying for like 2 months now.  the franchise hasnt even played a damn game under this ownership and people need to be patient and let them do a rebuild that is the quickest way to turn the marlins into a consistent contender.