Why has Derek Jeter received so much hate?

Erick

But none of that changes the fact that the current Marlins ownership is doing a very dumb thing by not offering $7 (or cheaper) tickets. 

I agree they should but I don't think people would show anyway even at that price and I don't blame them. Remember parking and concessions. Even with 7 bucks a ticket, a family could be looking at a 100 buck day to watch a AAA team.

I went to Suntrust Park last June.  It’s great just like you said. 

But none of that changes the fact that the current Marlins ownership is doing a very dumb thing by not offering $7 (or cheaper) tickets. 

i dont think the $12 tickets are all that expensive and maybe they could offer them for even lower, but that is very affordable.  The thing i think is the worst part is the expensiveness of the parking passes.  I think if something needs to be lowered it is them.  

The thing i think is the worst part is the expensiveness of the parking passes.  I think if something needs to be lowered it is them.  

Problem is the Marlins have to give the city 10 bucks a spot every game regardless of if the spot is used. They can take a brutal loss if they lower those, losing money on it daily anyway I assume.

Problem is the Marlins have to give the city 10 bucks a spot every game regardless of if the spot is used. They can take a brutal loss if they lower those, losing money on it daily anyway I assume.

good point.  I had no idea this was the case and it makes sense then.  

i dont think the $12 tickets are all that expensive and maybe they could offer them for even lower, but that is very affordable.  The thing i think is the worst part is the expensiveness of the parking passes.  I think if something needs to be lowered it is them.  

Then don’t park there.  I’ve never parked there.  Plenty of good places to park in the neighborhood 

I don't think I'd go even if the ticket was free. Fuck Jeter.

Join the #FuckJeter movement! LOL

Although, I do plan on going to a few games this season.  If I supported the team during the Loria ERA it won't kill me to do the same with Jeter.  Still loathe him though!

This is ridiculous. Name another owner that’s done that when starting a rebuild. Did the cubs owner? Did the Astros owner?

He's not the owner, he happens to hold some ownership. He is the CEO. 

Ryan and Luhnow have been everywhere for the Astros. I listen to the Leadoff Spot on MLB network, have for years, those guys are on every week. Epstein and Hoyer are commonly heard/seen talking about the Cubs as well. I never hear from Jeter and almost never from Hill.

As a fan, I don't like what they did. But as a baseball person, I understand it completely. As a PR and salesperson, I shake my head at how this team has handled its messaging for the last 20 years.

I think there is a difference between the messaging that the team has said and the PR related to the team.  I think they have been beynd straight forward with the messaging, but the PR has been lacking related to it.  I think there is more they can do PR wise but i also dont blame them at this point because its a group of people who have never owned a team and dont yet have the feel for the region so i think they needed to take time to do that, which it appears they are.  Sometimes the answer is just that stuff like this takes time especially to people new to this community and dont know how the community views the team.

Not the managing owner. Loria was the owner, in the way people mean when they say owner, not those guys in Montreal with 5%.

Jeter is the CEO, that is a role where he can be out there talking, along with hill.  Just like Epstein and Hoyer are (to use the Cubs example). Instead, the Herald, which will always hate the Marlins, doubly so due to Sherman, defines the story.