Derek Jeter blames Giancarlo Stanton for Giancarlo Stanton trade

sdg210

Its like what was said here earlier today. Jeter's words are going to be turned around no matter what he says or doesn't say. When he stayed quiet, the fans wanted him to speak up. Now he explains what happened in detail and he's the problem again.

yup. People saying they want him to be transparent are full of shit.  IF he is transparent and says we are going to blow up the team because it is the most viable path to consistent contention and the teams finances are absolutely out of control, those same fans would trash him.  He is in a no win situation for at least a year until the fans start to see him invest in the draft and IFA and some of the prospects that we get in these trades develop well in the minors.

Stanton asked him to trade him, that's just a fact. Sure, nobody should blame Stanton for not wanting to be here for a rebuild but it was him who asked for the trade when he heard the plans.

Its like what was said here earlier today. Jeter's words are going to be turned around no matter what he says or doesn't say. When he stayed quiet, the fans wanted him to speak up. Now he explains what happened in detail and he's the problem again.

I find it hilarious how you ignored the fact this organizationis being run by Sherman and they don't care about anything other than recouping their investment. They're not interested in making yet you both seem to want to believe there is some baseball rationale behind this. 

And no fact is Stanton was told they were going to do a tear down. Then he said he wanted out. Pitching was all that was needed. But who cares since this team will stay AAAA team for so long as this ownership group remains.

I find it hilarious how you ignored the fact this organizationis being run by Sherman and they don't care about anything other than recouping their investment. They're not interested in making yet you both seem to want to believe there is some baseball rationale behind this. 

And no fact is Stanton was told they were going to do a tear down. Then he said he wanted out. Pitching was all that was needed. But who cares since this team will stay AAAA team for so long as this ownership group remains.

"Pitching was all that was needed."  Marlins are so stupid!!!! just get an ace and a number 2 pitcher and lets win this thing!!!!!!

So, which pitchers did you want without subtracting to the lineup?

I actually think that Jeter is talking BS. I think that Jeter would have traded Stanton even if he had not publicly said he didn't want to stick around for a rebuild.

He's just being petty and trying to deflect the negativity.

However, despite the bad optics of this situation, Jeter shouldn't be blamed that Stanton had to be traded. Neither should Stanton be blamed. All blame belongs to Jeffrey Loria.

I agree with this.

I actually think that Jeter is talking BS. I think that Jeter would have traded Stanton even if he had not publicly said he didn't want to stick around for a rebuild.

He's just being petty and trying to deflect the negativity.

However, despite the bad optics of this situation, Jeter shouldn't be blamed that Stanton had to be traded. Neither should Stanton be blamed. All blame belongs to Jeffrey Loria.

I agree.

Jeter said he traded G because he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding team,so he would told to every team that G was unavailable because he wants to stay with the Marlins !? no,he plans to get rid of G's contract as he approved to be the new owner of this team no matter G wants to stay or not,and didn't he threatened G if he insisted to stay then he would be the only star of this team !? 

Jeter said he traded G because he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding team,so he would told to every team that G was unavailable because he wants to stay with the Marlins !? no,he plans to get rid of G's contract as he approved to be the new owner of this team no matter G wants to stay or not,and didn't he threatened G if he insisted to stay then he would be the only star of this team !? 

He gave Stanton his options. Accept a trade or stay here on a rebuilding team. If you wanna call that a threat you can but Jeter didn't threaten him, the media called it a threat. I have no problem with what happened in that situation. 

He gave Stanton his options. Accept a trade or stay here on a rebuilding team. If you wanna call that a threat you can but Jeter didn't threaten him, the media called it a threat. I have no problem with what happened in that situation. 

I don't think he gives G any choice,he was insisted to rebuild this team and G just didn't want to continue to play the meaningless games,it's just didn't like he promised to G to build a contending team if he chooses to stay.