Marcell Ozuna Traded to the Cardinals

I've followed him he has a terrific fastball and avg to below avg change and terrible everything else

I do hope he’s not the best prospect in the deal. Just saying, most in the industry don’t agree that that’s his ceiling. 

I do hope he’s not the best prospect in the deal. Just saying, most in the industry don’t agree that that’s his ceiling. 

i think youd be hard pressed to find anyone in the industry who would say that's his ceiling.  thats complete bullshit.

It's kind of scary that he's the one the Marlins wanted all along. I wonder if this is a Hill or Denbo move. I'm guessing it's the latter but Alcantara seems like a Michael Hill player.

Maybe they know something I don't, but this deal seems disappointing so far.

It's kind of scary that he's the one the Marlins wanted all along. I wonder if this is a Hill or Denbo move. I'm guessing it's the latter but Alcantara seems like a Michael Hill player.

Maybe they know something I don't, but this deal seems disappointing so far.

agreed.  I will say that around the time of the AFL Alcantara's stock was soaring, but i was really hoping he'd be the second prospect in any deal.  Let's see the other 3 prospects though.  Id assume Dakota hudson is also part of this deal and if so, that's another high floor mid rotation guy to counter the high ceiling low floor that Alcantara has.

This would be the type of return I'd expect if we dumped a bad contract with Ozuna but that hasn't been reported as happening. Weird.

STL also has an incredible farm system and Alcantara's stock has risen recently, so 3 more prospects from their system could still be really solid.  I have a feeling hudson and/or gomber will be in this deal too plus a minor league OF (of which they have a ton of solid ones).

Is it just me or does this feel a hell of a lot worse than last two firesales? At least before those we won the damn WS the year before. This team was as Stanton said a few starters away from serious playoff contention. Yeah the system was thin but this whole process was totally unnecessary if Jeter was smart about dealings, shed Prado (Anderson), Straily, and a few other costly contracts, made some educated SP acquisitions, and only raised payroll a few mil, if that.

Instead this organization has been set back at least five years. Loria was a terrible owner. Between everything he’s done since taking over Jeter has started out as a worse one.

And we even still have the HR sculpture.