Marcell Ozuna Traded to the Cardinals

Is it just me or does this feel a hell of a lot worse than last two firesales?

yup. there is no light at the end of this tunnel.

16.5 WAR traded and the farm system got upgraded from the 30th best in baseball to... i dunno? the 29th?

Is it just me or does this feel a hell of a lot worse than last two firesales? At least before those we won the damn WS the year before. This team was as Stanton said a few starters away from serious playoff contention. Yeah the system was thin but this whole process was totally unnecessary if Jeter was smart about dealings, shed Prado (Anderson), Straily, and a few other costly contracts, made some educated SP acquisitions, and only raised payroll a few mil, if that.

Instead this organization has been set back at least five years. Loria was a terrible owner. Between everything he’s done since taking over Jeter has started out as a worse one.

And we even still have the HR sculpture.

Preach to the choir brother.

Is it just me or does this feel a hell of a lot worse than last two firesales? At least before those we won the damn WS the year before. This team was as Stanton said a few starters away from serious playoff contention. Yeah the system was thin but this whole process was totally unnecessary if Jeter was smart about dealings, shed Prado (Anderson), Straily, and a few other costly contracts, made some educated SP acquisitions, and only raised payroll a few mil, if that.

Instead this organization has been set back at least five years. Loria was a terrible owner. Between everything he’s done since taking over Jeter has started out as a worse one.

And we even still have the HR sculpture.

I agree with this. If you shed those contracts and get some solid pitching you can compete. This is more than likely the last year the Nationals have a huge strangle hold on the division as well. 

before alcantara's fall stars game which is the one where scouts were "impressed" his line was: In four regular-season starts, he's posted a 5.73 ERA, allowed 10 hits, issued eight walks and struck out 10 in 11 innings.

Lol

so the 15 innings in the AFL is stupid to base an opinion on, but you are gonna judge him on his first 8.1 innings as a 22 year old in the majors?

so the 15 innings in the AFL is stupid to base an opinion on, but you are gonna judge him on his first 8.1 innings as a 22 year old in the majors?

my man, those were his 4 AFL league starts. He was RP in mlb and had the same problems he always had, shitty command, no breaking pitches