Starlin Castro Trade Rumors and Updates

Admin

The worst part of the Stanton deal is that at this point they're going to piss people off either way. If Castro leaves, some people will say "See, they're trying to lose 110 next year." If he stays, others will say about what El Penguino said. You can't please everyone, but so far Jeter is pleasing nobody.

Correct. And for what its worth, it probably would have been poor even if they retained every player AND added a SP.

You can't know that. A lot of people hated Loria/Samson enough that they swore off the Marilns. Jeter could have come in and taken steps to bring people to the park. He could have said, "Things are going to be different now. We're not in it for the money - we want to win as soon as possible." And they could have tried to piece together a pitching staff to go with the hitters they had. There are enough baseball fans here to fill the stadium. The team has chosen a different path, and the park will be a ghost town most nights for a few years if not longer.

Attach Castro to Yelich and or Realmuto or to someone else? I would have thought Castro had a decent enough amount of interest on his own. 

To someone else that sounds like but I wonder who. Maybe trying to dump a Ziegler or Tazawa? Like you, I thought Castro has value, can't see him as the throw-in even though Heyman wrote it that way almost.

Attach Castro to Yelich and or Realmuto or to someone else? I would have thought Castro had a decent enough amount of interest on his own. 

Why would they attach those two to anyone.  We are already at or near budget and the contracts expire at the end of the season.  They will only diminish whatever returns we get and god knows they don't get the best returns to begin with. Trade them alone if you can but don't jeopardize the returns we get.

Why would they attach those two to anyone.  We are already at or near budget and the contracts expire at the end of the season.  They will only diminish whatever returns we get and god knows they don't get the best returns to begin with. Trade them alone if you can but don't jeopardize the returns we get.

Because Mike Hill. 

Wait I thought I was the one who believed the rebuild could be done right and everyone else thought Mike Hill was the biggest reason it could he screwed up. When did we switch places?

I'm surprised any of you would be surprised if Tazawa or Ziegler were attatched to Yelich or JT. 

Because Mike Hill. 

Wait I thought I was the one who believed the rebuild could be done right and everyone else thought Mike Hill was the biggest reason it could he screwed up. When did we switch places?

I'm surprised any of you would be surprised if Tazawa or Ziegler were attatched to Yelich or JT. 

Don't get wrong.  I have no faith in Hill and company.  However, they are already at budget.  There's really no excuse to attach those contracts now.  There's a limit to Hill's incompetence.  I hope.  LOL