Morosi: Yelich & Realmuto being shopped

So maybe we can get Mathis again???? 

and Noah Syndergard instead of Nicolino too, but I really believe if Michael Hill was giving a second chance to do the trade and knowing the future what will happen with that trade he will fuck up again

and Noah Syndergard instead of Nicolino too, but I really believe if Michael Hill was giving a second chance to do the trade and knowing the future what will happen with that trade he will fuck up again

What is it with you and time travel today? Are you from 1955? Were you at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance in Hill Valley? 

Frisaro notes that the Marlins would covet both Victor Robles of the Nationals and the Braves’ Acuna, though both clubs would likely be reluctant to part with their top-ranked minor league talents. Rosenthal tweets that the Nationals would be loath to part with either Robles or fellow outfield Juan Soto.

Why even bother trading if you are not willing to trade gold for gold?

Frisaro notes that the Marlins would covet both Victor Robles of the Nationals and the Braves’ Acuna, though both clubs would likely be reluctant to part with their top-ranked minor league talents. Rosenthal tweets that the Nationals would be loath to part with either Robles or fellow outfield Juan Soto.

Why even bother trading if you are not willing to trade gold for gold?

I apologize for being Captain Obvious, but given how we make deals (Hill) why would anyone offer value for value.  Just say no and maybe instead of a top prospect, Hill will wave his arms, take #30 in the system and say "well I asked but they said no"

Should the Marlins say Acuna or Robles or bust as far as dealing with the Braves and Nats? 

I don't understand how you could get Yelich without giving up your top prospect. I wouldn't ask for anything less if I were the Marlins.

I would for sure want acuna or robles from them, especially since they are in the same division

The adorable thing about reading all of these Yelich/JT trade rumor articles is everyone of them that I have read declare that none of these teams have to give up any of their top 3 prospects to acquire them. 

Are these teams fucking dreaming?

we all thought that with a Ozuna trade and guess what? Cardinals didn't give up any of their 5 top prospect

Yelich and JT clearly are more valuable than Ozuna for multiple reasons. Also, I think people over valued what they thought could be gotten for Ozuna. 

The adorable thing about reading all of these Yelich/JT trade rumor articles is everyone of them that I have read declare that none of these teams have to give up any of their top 3 prospects to acquire them. 

Are these teams fucking dreaming?

They know they are negotiating with Mike Hill so they will give up a couple of B prospects who bring the heat but ultimately project to be relievers.

JT plays a position that's much harder to find with his kind of bat.

Yelich has an amazing contract, and longer sustained success.

They're both probably worth more than Ozuna. By Mike Hill standards, we only have to retain 50% salary to get their minor league journeyman repair project plus take on a player making $5 million to balance out the money. 

Unlikely but just thinking out loud... with the Marlins not in such financial peril anymore as far as the 2018 payroll, any chance they actually include some money in a Yelich or Realmuto trade to actually get a better return? Neither guy has to be traded and they're both cheap as it is so this wouldn't be throwing in that much money. 

Unlikely but just thinking out loud... with the Marlins not in such financial peril anymore as far as the 2018 payroll, any chance they actually include some money in a Yelich or Realmuto trade to actually get a better return? Neither guy has to be traded and they're both cheap as it is so this wouldn't be throwing in that much money. 

It'd allow them to potentially take back a bad contract in the deal to increase the prospect return. 

If Mike Hill eats a dime of the Yelich deal he is dumber than anyone gives him credit for.

Those contracts the Marlins wouldn't have to pay anything towards to get a great return. Yelich is already out performing that contract right now.