Fangraphs: The Marlins could be tanking the right way

That's not a counterpoint, it is support for the story.

Wrong

The story says the Marlins are doing the rebuild right.

The counterpoint says we have no Top 100 prospects after trading Ozuna, Gordon and Stanton.

I can’t believe I had to explain that. 

Same goes for anyone who thinks a rebuild is going well when a team that no longer has Ozuna, Gordon and the NL MVP has zero prospects that crack the top  100 in baseball.  

I’m not suggesting the off season thus far should have yielded 5 Top 100 prospects. 

But NONE????

fish20 said the Marlins will have one of the best farm systems in baseball by the end of the offseason.

you have a weird obsession with me.  go away.  I said they would if they traded all those pieces and stripped it down to literally nothing.

I can't find a post where you said that, but I did find this beauty from you. Always nice to remember how wrong you were.

convenient how you cant find that post.  And we had 2 deals where we were getting top prospects that he rejected.

The fact is the Marlins are still probably in the bottom 10. Yelich and Realmuto are the only pieces left that could net a serious haul. I highly doubt those returns elevate the Marlins to the best farm system in baseball.

Ugh. I think you guys need to trust the scouting here. The prospects we got could be described as raw. Top 100 guys tend to be almost completely polished players. If you actually look at the guys we got, there are a few guys that I really like. I'm not saying they will become the best team in baseball next year. I am saying it is possible for some of the players to turn into good to even very good major league talent. I agree with this article, and we should continue to try to convert current value into future value. The best way to do that is to move Realmuto, Yelich, Bour, and anyone else with some value.

Also Does anyone else remember the Cabrera trade to the Tigers? We lost that trade, and we got 2 top 50 prospects. I don't care what our organization is ranked this year.

Ugh. I think you guys need to trust the scouting here. The prospects we got could be described as raw. Top 100 guys tend to be almost completely polished players. If you actually look at the guys we got, there are a few guys that I really like. I'm not saying they will become the best team in baseball next year. I am saying it is possible for some of the players to turn into good to even very good major league talent. I agree with this article, and we should continue to try to convert current value into future value. The best way to do that is to move Realmuto, Yelich, Bour, and anyone else with some value.

Also Does anyone else remember the Cabrera trade to the Tigers? We lost that trade, and we got 2 top 50 prospects. I don't care what our organization is ranked this year.

Ozuna was ranked as a top 100 prospect once, after the 2012 season. This came after his 5th season in the minors. Marisnick was ranked #64 overall ahead of him.

Realmuto was ranked as a top 100 prospect once, after the 2014 season. This came after his 4th full season in the minors. Kolek was ranked #52 overall ahead of him.

You never know.

And yes, who knows if the new guys work out. You would think after the numerous prospect trades the Marlins have made the last decade that people would understand it is going to take a year or two to see how guys pan out. 

fish20 you were wrong, just admit it. 

i literally just posted the 2 posts they are talking about which clearly state that I think if we traded every asset we would have a top farm system.  I still believe that. Between Yelich, JT, Straily, Bour, Castro, Urena, Barraclough, Prado, etc. we can get a ton of talent.

i literally just posted the 2 posts they are talking about which clearly state that I think if we traded every asset we would have a top farm system.  I still believe that. Between Yelich, JT, Straily, Bour, Castro, Urena, Barraclough, Prado, etc. we can get a ton of talent.

Idc what you "literally" just posted. 

Yelich and JT are the only names in there capable of bringing back big-time prospects. You said "we will have one of the best farm systems in baseball." which is literally impossible now considering they have a system in the back-half still.

First off, way to ignore the fact that you flat out misquoted what i said and have now done it in multiple threads. More solid reading comprehension out of you.

Second, farm systems have more than big time prospects.  And straily also has a lot of value given his team control. Bour as well if he stays healthy in the first half.  Barraclough too at the deadline given how teams foolishly worship saves.  You dont have to get back a top 10 prospect in baseball to get a solid return for the other players.  Between all the guys we have, we could add 4-5 or so top 100 guys (on the low end) and another 10 or so good-average prospects for other guys.