Suggested in recent New Times article.

I think Publix is way too smart to blow MMs on naming rights.

They are a regional brand that needs no help attracting customers in FL and other SE states.

Thoughts?

that has been talked about for years.

Suggested in recent New Times article.

I think Publix is way too smart to blow MMs on naming rights.

They are a regional brand that needs no help attracting customers in FL and other SE states.

Thoughts?

How is Publix too smart to do this? There are plenty of brands way bigger than Publix that have their names on stadiums and arenas. American Airlines (2 arenas), Dunkin Donuts, Pepsi, Mercedes-Benz, AT&T (they have like 3 stadiums), Ford, FedEx, Coca-Cola, Toyota... those companies need zero help attracting customers anywhere and they have paid for naming rights.

How is Publix too smart to do this? There are plenty of brands way bigger than Publix that have their names on stadiums and arenas. American Airlines (2 arenas), Dunkin Donuts, Pepsi, Mercedes-Benz, AT&T (they have like 3 stadiums), Ford, FedEx, Coca-Cola, Toyota... those companies need zero help attracting customers anywhere and they have paid for naming rights.

But those companies are also nationally known corporations, which is part of it also I'm guessing.

More difficult to justify those marketing dollars for smaller companies without cutting marketing in some other area.

Just looking at companies based in South FL, some that make sense are Bacardi, Cisco, another American Airlines, and a lot of other huge brands that have their latin american divisions in Miami such as Visa, Oracle, Microsoft, Marriot, Hilton, Western Union.  Stephen Ross did it right with Hard rock.  

Burger King. They are based in Miami.

"Burger King Park, where you can have it your way, unless your way is winning in the next few years, in which case you will most certainly not have it your way."  Rolls off the tongue if you ask me.

If Publix wanted to go national, it would be a great move.

Publix has, in recent memory, stated that they don't want to expand beyond Virginia. 

I always thought publix was exclusively a Florida thing until i went to georgia a few months ago and saw them there.  who knew?

Waste Management Park

After they tear down the garish Jeffrey Loria monument in CF Saddam Hussein-style, they should replace it with a giant dumpster sculpture. After every home run by the opposing team and after every Marlins loss, flames shoot out of it.

Waste Management Park

After they tear down the garish Jeffrey Loria monument in CF Saddam Hussein-style, they should replace it with a giant dumpster sculpture. After every home run by the opposing team and after every Marlins loss, flames shoot out of it.

i love the visual of a saddam hussein statue style teardown of the centerfield thing.  And i dont even mind the statute 

Pollo Tropical Park 

I would be all about it.

I always thought publix was exclusively a Florida thing until i went to georgia a few months ago and saw them there.  who knew?

It's in the Carolinas, Virginia, Alabama, and I think even Tennessee.