How is a hard liquor sponsorship any different than beer (Coors Miller)

A pint of one makes you sleepy. A pint of the other makes you shitfaced.

but I agree, from a sponsorship perspective, Bacardi is already all over the Marlins. We see Cruzan up at the PB amphitheater. I really don't see the big deal. Plus, it has a cultural proximity with a strong Miami presence already. 

A pint of one makes you sleepy. A pint of the other makes you shitfaced.

but I agree, from a sponsorship perspective, Bacardi is already all over the Marlins. We see Cruzan up at the PB amphitheater. I really don't see the big deal. Plus, it has a cultural proximity with a strong Miami presence already. 

I thought bacardi park was always a good idea and i never even gave a thought to the fact that they wouldnt accept that.  I think you see more Beer brands is because there are less huge mainstream beer brands than there are liquors.  I didnt think about the liquor thing being an impediment to them being the name of the park, but i really doubt MLB would not allow that.  It's not like we're calling it crystal meth park, which, honestly, would be pretty awesome as long as no crystal meth was actually involved. 

To be honest I imagine it's probably not something Bacardi wants. Bacardi probably blows their ad money on supplying napkins and cups and shit. On getting on towels. On sponsoring a calendar. On having fifty images scattered across the park. On getting exclusive liquor rights at the stadium with all of their liquors. 

Basically, what I'm saying is, they're probably better off achieving direct sales of their liquor as a form of advertisement. Heck, for something like liquor, I imagine a low-mid price range liquor like Bacardi wants to *avoid* appearing like the massive distribution that it is. More likely to get naming rights to a luxury box than to the stadium ??‍♂️

Did David Samson ever say the exact reason why we still dont have naming rights?  Is it just a lack of interest?  Because i remember him talking about being close to finalizing something in the first year of the stadium on Lebatard but idk what ever happened from that point.

hot takes:

Publix is a supermarket. It is no better and no worse than the similar-scale supermarkets in other major cities.

Publix Park makes sense, the regional issue doesn't matter: Sleep Train Arena, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Chesapeake Energy Arena, Citizens Bank Park, FirstEnergy Stadium, Lincoln Financial Field are just some examples of stadiums/arenas that are named after non-national companies. 

Bacardi Stadium makes sense, but I don't think MLB will be the first league to give naming rights to a hard liquor company.

Burger King is based in Miami, and certainly has the money to buy the naming rights. "The Burger King's Kouch", "The Burger King's Throne", and "The Burger King's Imodium Shop" could all be new sections in the park.

Did David Samson ever say the exact reason why we still dont have naming rights?  Is it just a lack of interest?  Because i remember him talking about being close to finalizing something in the first year of the stadium on Lebatard but idk what ever happened from that point.

He said last summer that they had gotten close but with the sale of the team coming they stopped to let the new owners pick who gets the naming rights as it just wasn't gonna be Loria and Samson's choice any more.

That seems to make perfect sense to me to let Sherman and Jeter make the final decision on it. 

With that said I don't know if that means Sherman and Jeter start the search from scratch or if they pick up where Samson and Loria left off, with those same choices available. 

He said last summer that they had gotten close but with the sale of the team coming they stopped to let the new owners pick who gets the naming rights as it just wasn't gonna be Loria and Samson's choice any more.

That seems to make perfect sense to me to let Sherman and Jeter make the final decision on it. 

With that said I don't know if that means Sherman and Jeter start the search from scratch or if they pick up where Samson and Loria left off, with those same choices available. 

Doesnt really make perfect sense to me.  They were in the stadium for like 6 years prior to deciding to sell the team.  Wtf were they doing before?

Doesnt really make perfect sense to me.  They were in the stadium for like 6 years prior to deciding to sell the team.  Wtf were they doing before?

Oh yeah I don't understand what took so long and they still have nothing. I just thought them pulling back before the sale went through made sense. But yea everything before that I have no clue. They always just said they were working on it but no real reason was ever given as to why a name wasn't picked yet. 

Oh yeah I don't understand what took so long and they still have nothing. I just thought them pulling back before the sale went through made sense. But yea everything before that I have no clue. They always just said they were working on it but no real reason was ever given as to why a name wasn't picked yet. 

Ya, what i was referring to was near when the ballpark opened and Samson had said they were close to finalizing something.