Realmuto Trade Rumors

Entendu

how are these kids from DR drafted? they go to the higher bidder?

Im not an expert, but I dont think people from DR do get drafted.  Kids from Puerto Rico are though.  Im guessing its because kinds from the DR are international and Puerto Rico is an american territory thus meaning that they have to go through the draft.  I could be wrong on that reasoning though.

Im not an expert, but I dont think people from DR do get drafted.  Kids from Puerto Rico are though.  Im guessing its because kinds from the DR are international and Puerto Rico is an american territory thus meaning that they have to go through the draft.  I could be wrong on that reasoning though.

yes I do now that PR prospects has to enter the draft. But these prospects at DR MLB must have a system why any other team drafted Robles or Soto ? Why the Marlins are much into drafting from the DR? I'm surprised they even got Ozuna

yes I do now that PR prospects has to enter the draft. But these prospects at DR MLB must have a system why any other team drafted Robles or Soto ? Why the Marlins are much into drafting from the DR? I'm surprised they even got Ozuna

im not sure what you're saying.

I wouldn’t mind keeping Realmuto as the semi-experienced guy to build around.

I feel like he might have more value to the team than he does in a trade. Realistically, there’s nothing behind him at C. He’s a solid player, but,  at the same time, I’m not sure if he’s a guy who is going to bring back elite prospects. Nats are already saying no on Robles (and even Soto apparently).

Teams aren’t going to give up a huge haul for a solid C considering the wear and tear catchers take.

It might be good to build around JT who is just turning 27, especially considering his position because we’ll have a young staff for the foreseeable future. Not a bad idea to have a respectable catcher in his prime to help the young pitchers develop imo.

We should really trade Starlin Castro and his remaining salary though.

the Nationals refuse to consider Anthony Rendon, Trea Turner, Victor Robles or Juan Soto in any trade discussions, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. The Marlins are reportedly asking for Robles, a center fielder who was recently ranked as the No. 5 prospect in baseball. That has seemingly produced a stalemate between the parties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2018/01/26/nationals-still-have-interest-in-j-t-realmuto-but-dont-need-to-make-a-move-at-all/?utm_term=.eca8216cdf6b

They should just keep him unless he really starts whining about wanting to be traded.

Concentrate their efforts on moving Castro, Ziegler, and Straily.

Since this is a full blowout with Yelich going, might be better to move him now as teams may feel more comfortable having him go to spring training with the staff versus being moved in July and having to crash course the pitchers.

Trade him if the right deal comes around, which it should eventually as he is highly desirable.

It's pretty amazing they still have Realmuto, Straily, Bour, Castro, Zieger, Tazawa, Prado, and probably Dietrich and Barraclough at a minimum to go between now and July 31st. That's probably 4-6 more good prospects, and another 7-10 lower tiered guys. That's just a ton of players when you add up what they got for Ramos, Phelps, Gordon, Stanton, Ozuna, and Yelich. This is going to end up being like 35+ guys acquired in trades in a year.

oh oh... looks like the Marlins front office is about to blink.  I hope not.  

Jan. 26: Pete Kerzel of MASNsports.com tweets that the while the Nats aren’t willing to include Robles or Soto, he’s gotten the sense that the Marlins may be willing to accept a package of prospects that doesn’t include either young outfielder as the headliner.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/nationals-pursuing-j-t-realmuto.html

oh oh... looks like the Marlins front office is about to blink.  I hope not.  

Jan. 26: Pete Kerzel of MASNsports.com tweets that the while the Nats aren’t willing to include Robles or Soto, he’s gotten the sense that the Marlins may be willing to accept a package of prospects that doesn’t include either young outfielder as the headliner.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/nationals-pursuing-j-t-realmuto.html

What the hell