Marlins announce enhanced season ticket benefits

Admin

this is gonna get ripped to shreds obviously, but i do think it is a good benefit to allow people to exchange tickets for games theyve missed for future games.  Good move for each side, allow fans to go to games they missed and gets more butts in the stands for future games. 

The Marlins need to drastically lower ticket prices. With Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna, and Gordon (and even Ichiro) gone, there aren't many reasons at all for casual fans to come to the park, especially at the current prices.

If the tickets were dirt cheap, they might be able to drum up more interest in the franchise as a whole by simply having more bodies in the stands.

Agreed with this.  i think that is part of the rationale in letting fans exchange their previously unused tickets for future games.  Its essentially getting fans in for free which doesnt create revenue but it gives the possibility of someone going to the game who wouldnt have normally gone as well as the possibility of selling concessions and merchandise to said fan at the game.  Plus every body in the stands will help these upcoming years.

Agreed with this.  i think that is part of the rationale in letting fans exchange their previously unused tickets for future games.  Its essentially getting fans in for free which doesnt create revenue but it gives the possibility of someone going to the game who wouldnt have normally gone as well as the possibility of selling concessions and merchandise to said fan at the game.  Plus every body in the stands will help these upcoming years.

It only benefits Season Ticket Holders, though.  

You’re quite good at putting a positive spin anything new ownership related. 

Penguino didnt say say anything about the ticket trade-in program. 

He said they need to lower lower ticket prices.  It’s painfully obvious they should do that.  We will find out Saturday morning if they have done so. 

The prices were already set by previous ownership but the fact that the new owernship hasn't lowered the prices is stupid. 

Just throwing this out there... maybe they can't for legal reasons for 2018 because tickets for 2018 were already sold at the previous ownership's set price first? 

Just thinking that maybe this is a thing and that in 2019 is when Jeter can really lower prices if he is planning to do so?

Just throwing this out there... maybe they can't for legal reasons for 2018 because tickets for 2018 were already sold at the previous ownership's set price first? 

Just thinking that maybe this is a thing and that in 2019 is when Jeter can really lower prices if he is planning to do so?

That's quite possible but they can also create packages and or new deals to help entice potential new season ticket holders or bring back previous. I was thinking of renewing for a 3rd straight year but when I saw how much the prices were I stopped. Maybe they had dropped the prices the past couple years to entice fans for the All Star Game.

I would think that the Marlins would make an announcement that they’re prohibited from lowering ticket prices in 2018 but it is their intention to do so in 2019 if that were the case. 

The Marlins need to drastically lower ticket prices. With Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna, and Gordon (and even Ichiro) gone, there aren't many reasons at all for casual fans to come to the park, especially at the current prices.

If the tickets were dirt cheap, they might be able to drum up more interest in the franchise as a whole by simply having more bodies in the stands.

Maybe but Jeter also sometimes just says nothing instead of being public with his intentions so there's that too. 

their likely gave ticket to radio station to gave our free full place up